Double Sleeping Bags

Old September 27th 03, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Darryl Lucas

Default Double Sleeping Bags

I'm looking for a double sleeping bag.

So far, I have seen two types;

1. Made from two 'caterpillar' style bags and seriously impair leg movent
when two people are contained...

2. bed-quilt-with-zip types which would give ample leg room, but the only
ones I can find are of the spare room style, unfit for 3 seasons...

Recomendations please?
~D

Old September 27th 03, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
RustYŠ

"Darryl Lucas" wrote in message
I'm looking for a double sleeping bag.

bed-quilt-with-zip types which would give ample leg room, but the only
ones I can find are of the spare room style, unfit for 3 seasons...

Easy - Buy four cheap bags from Argos and put two inside the other two.
Snug as a bug in a rug even in snow and frost ! I find that doubling up on
bags is better than any single bag but they are of course bulky.
--
For Welsh Military Flying visit .......

Old September 28th 03, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Les

"Darryl Lucas" wrote in message
I'm looking for a double sleeping bag.

So far, I have seen two types;

1. Made from two 'caterpillar' style bags and seriously impair leg movent
when two people are contained...

2. bed-quilt-with-zip types which would give ample leg room, but the

only
ones I can find are of the spare room style, unfit for 3 seasons...

Recomendations please?
~D

Argos sell double sleeping bags.

Les

Old September 30th 03, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Darryl Lucas

Thanks for that; I checked the Argos double bag...
It's of the quilt type and doesn't look (or feel) warm enough.

I really something more substansial, the quilt type is fine -- if only they
were made from the same materials and to the same standards that
mummy/catapillar bags usually are...

Shame Vango doesn't make one.

Old September 30th 03, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
JayBee

"Darryl Lucas" wrote in message
Thanks for that; I checked the Argos double bag...
It's of the quilt type and doesn't look (or feel) warm enough.

I really something more substansial, the quilt type is fine -- if only

they
were made from the same materials and to the same standards that
mummy/catapillar bags usually are...

Shame Vango doesn't make one.

Coleman do a couple of rectangular bags, which can be zipped together.
Unlike the type you get in Argos they have temperature ratings on.

Jaybee