Vango Voyager 200 Lite Sleeping Bag

Old October 9th 03, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
CHRIS 159

Default Vango Voyager 200 Lite Sleeping Bag

any good ?

Old October 9th 03, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Julie Meikle

My daughter uses a voyager 50 lite......very lightweight summer bag, and is
very cheap, but surprisingly good.

"CHRIS 159" wrote in message
any good ?

Old October 9th 03, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
CHRIS 159

"Julie Meikle" wrote in message

"CHRIS 159" wrote in message
any good ?

My daughter uses a voyager 50 lite......very lightweight summer bag, and

is
very cheap, but surprisingly good.

this 200 looks a well good bag on the piccy and the write-up says its good
to -3c but i'd rather listen to what users have to say about them than the
sellers

Old October 10th 03, 06:52 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stuart Robinson

the write-up says its good
to -3c but i'd rather listen to what users have to say about them than
the
sellers

I Posted this elsewhere recently;

Are campers being misled by the temperature ratings that are advertised
for the various sleeping bags ?

I have seen quite a few comments from campers who are cold at night and\or
use heaters.

I have always bought sleeping bags warmer, according to the specification,
that I actually need, preferring a bag to be on the warm side rather than
the cold.

This year I have bought 2 bags, one for my son (7) its rated for -5C, he
found it a little bit cold at +2.5C, so I guess the comfortable
temperature is +5C.

The second bag I bought was a King Size from Index, that is rated at -15C,
I was as warm as toast at +2.5C, I suspect the lower limit would be -5C.

So from my experience the true comfort temperature seems to be about 10C
higher that what the manufactures claim. And this is in calm conditions, I
would expect in windy and\or damp conditions to loose an extra few
degrees.

So where do these so called temperature ratings come from ?

What are others experiences ?

Stuart.
Old October 10th 03, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
CHRIS 159

"Stuart Robinson" wrote in message
k...
[...]

well i got a double bag from argos a couple of years ago and its crap on
even a slightly chilly night. not sure what the temp ratings are for it but
i certainly wont buy anything else like that.

right - ok - i'll give the vango a miss i think. i read elsewhere on a site
that its only a 2 season despite it looking really chunky and i plan on
using it all year round.

thanks for the replies folks

chris

Old October 10th 03, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Julie Meikle

right - ok - i'll give the vango a miss i think. i read elsewhere on a

site
that its only a 2 season despite it looking really chunky and i plan on
using it all year round.

thanks for the replies folks

chris

Vango states that the comfort rating is +3....is size & weight an issue? The
Nitestar range is also good value and the bag my kid uses when it is not a
hot summer is the nitestar 300....had it for several years and it is
toasty...they do warmer bags too. The Predator range is a lot warmer, but
costs more & is heavier.

Otherwise, you will end up having to pay a lot more for a warmer lightweight
bag.

You might want to consider a fleece liner so you can use the bag on its own
when warm enough & add a liner when chilly....saves money, but I find I get
tangled up!

If you decide to pay more have a look at the Mountain Equipment
range....fabulous bags.
Good luck
Julie

Old October 11th 03, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stuart Robinson

If you decide to pay more have a look at the Mountain Equipment
range....fabulous bags.

Agreed, supurb bags.

My SO has a Mountain Equipment Redline which is used even in summer ......

Stuart.
Old October 12th 03, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
CHRIS 159

[...]

fleece liner - what a good idea.

the only reason i was asking about the voyager 200 is because theres some on
ebay for 18.95 i thought this wasnt a bad price for the look
(size/thickness) and the make of the bag.

what do you peeps think ???

Old October 12th 03, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Julie Meikle

fleece liner - what a good idea.

the only reason i was asking about the voyager 200 is because theres some

on
ebay for 18.95 i thought this wasnt a bad price for the look
(size/thickness) and the make of the bag.

what do you peeps think ???

Wow at that price, you can't go too wrong. Vango stuff is well made, just a
matter of what use you will put it to......top of a mountain in snow you
will be cold, but wear some thermal jim jams on a campsite fin autumn or not
too cold winter & you will be Ok I should think.

Julie

Old October 13th 03, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
CHRIS 159

"Julie Meikle" wrote in message

fleece liner - what a good idea.

the only reason i was asking about the voyager 200 is because theres

some
on
ebay for 18.95 i thought this wasnt a bad price for the look
(size/thickness) and the make of the bag.

what do you peeps think ???

Wow at that price, you can't go too wrong. Vango stuff is well made, just

matter of what use you will put it to......top of a mountain in snow you
will be cold, but wear some thermal jim jams on a campsite fin autumn or

not
too cold winter & you will be Ok I should think.

Julie

well - after all comments from various ive decided against the above and
found a vango nitestar 450 at 37 :-)