Newbie to caravans

Old October 10th 03, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.camping

Default Newbie to caravans

Hi Group

I've posted a few comments before but this is in way of a newbie question!
My family and I have experience of camping (tents) but are thinking of
buying a caravan. What should be look for in way of problems? How do we
check maintenance and if the caravan has been in an accident? Any thought or
tips would be welcomed.

If you want to reply out of the group please use

Many thanks in advance

Clive Stocker

Old October 10th 03, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mike R

"c" wrote in message
Hi Group

I've posted a few comments before but this is in way of a newbie question!
My family and I have experience of camping (tents) but are thinking of
buying a caravan. What should be look for in way of problems? How do we
check maintenance and if the caravan has been in an accident? Any thought

or
tips would be welcomed.

If you want to reply out of the group please use

Many thanks in advance

Clive Stocker

Hi Clive,

You may want to try posting on uk.rec.caravanning. Its a friendly group
with a lot of useful advice specific to caravans.

Kind Regards

Mike

Old October 11th 03, 07:49 AM posted to uk.rec.camping

Thanks Mike

Old October 11th 03, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stuart Bell

c wrote:

Hi Group

I've posted a few comments before but this is in way of a newbie question!
My family and I have experience of camping (tents) but are thinking of
buying a caravan. What should be look for in way of problems? How do we
check maintenance and if the caravan has been in an accident? Any thought or
tips would be welcomed.

If you want to reply out of the group please use stocker.

Unless your heart is set on a caravan, you might want to consider
folding campers - many of the advantages of a caravan without some of
the hassles, and cost!

Stuart

--
Spamfritterspam exists only in the world of the address
harvesting spam bot. Try stuartsmacs at the same domain