Bushfire Safety Info

Old October 27th 03, 12:54 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
DBM

Default Bushfire Safety Info

G'Day! Regarding the recent fires in the USA...

http://www.castlemaine.net.au/~jwebster/

Has info on two books put out by Ms Joan Webster regarding Bushfires,
and Bushfire Safety info (as applies specifically to Australia, but
should still be mostly valid anywhere else).

THE COMPLETE BUSHFIRE SAFETY BOOK
(Random House, Australia 2000) ISBN 1740510348.
by Joan Webster, illustrated by Katherine E. Seppings
(a comprehensive book - excerpts available at the site!)

And...

ESSENTIAL BUSHFIRE SAFETY TIPS
(Random House, Australia 2001) ISBN 1740510356.
by Joan Webster (smaller condensed version of above)

Both books are RECOMMENDED and ENDORSED by Australian Fire
Authorities! They have been since the version of the first book came
out back in 1986, under the name of "The Complete Australian Bushfire
Book" (published by Thomas Nelson Australia, ISBN 0-17-006759-9).

I've seen and read different versions of the 'Complete' book, and
would thoroughly recommend it to anyone! I can't comment on the
second book (booklet?) mentioned above as I haven't seen it. As for
the 1986 version? I've still got a copy in my bookcase! (I loaned
other versions to family and friends!)

--
Yours, DBM -
From Somewhere in Australia, the Land of Tree-Hugging Funnelwebs...