Winter Camping

Old December 2nd 03, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Roebear

Default Winter Camping

Hi... does anyone know of any campsites within a couple hours drive from
Birmingham that allow all year round camping???

We are looking for something basic and remote, that allows small camp fires.
All we require is road access, and very simple toilet facilities.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

Old December 5th 03, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Roebear

Thanks... looks good, i think we are going to try it first or second weekend
in the new year... it will certainly make a change from the usual trip into
Wales...

"steve Wilcox" wrote in message
http://www.fishergroundcampsite.co.uk/index.htm

I love this site. This corner of the lake district is fairly remote. If

the
Hard Knott pass is closed, which it usually is at this time of year, it
requires a lengthy detour around the coast to reach, but I can usually
manage the journey from Walsall in around 3 hours.
Theres a small wooded area next to the campsite which serves as a source

for
firewood . . .
I've stayed at Fisherground dozens of times in winter - you'll find it

very
quiet and peaceful at this time of year - and at times in midweek I've had
the place to myself . .

--
Peace !

Steve Wilcox

"If Whisky Don't Kill Me I'll Live 'Til I Die"

Old January 4th 04, 07:19 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mike Mussard

"Roebear" wrote in message
Thanks... looks good, i think we are going to try it first or second

weekend
in the new year... it will certainly make a change from the usual trip

into
Wales...

"steve Wilcox" wrote in message
http://www.fishergroundcampsite.co.uk/index.htm

Please give them a Bell/E-mail first as when I contacted them with the view
to going between Christmas and New Year they said they are not open until
later in the year. I can't find the relevant email to quote, so can't give
you the exact date.

Old January 4th 04, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Roebear

"Mike Mussard" wrote in message

"Roebear" wrote in message
Thanks... looks good, i think we are going to try it first or second

weekend
in the new year... it will certainly make a change from the usual trip

into
Wales...

"steve Wilcox" wrote in message
http://www.fishergroundcampsite.co.uk/index.htm

Please give them a Bell/E-mail first as when I contacted them with the

view
to going between Christmas and New Year they said they are not open until
later in the year. I can't find the relevant email to quote, so can't give
you the exact date.

Thanks... I emailed them just before christmas and they said that they open
in March(I think!!!)... Unless there are any other suggestions it looks like
another trip to Pistyll Rhaeadr...

Old January 5th 04, 06:08 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
steve Wilcox

Unless there are any other suggestions it looks like
another trip to Pistyll Rhaeadr...

The NT campsite in Wasdale is open year round . . . .

Old January 20th 04, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
KarlJ

"steve Wilcox" wrote in message ...
Unless there are any other suggestions it looks like
another trip to Pistyll Rhaeadr...

The NT campsite in Wasdale is open year round . . . .

Your all mad

I thought I was bad going in Easter!

--------
Alton Towers Mad
http://www.altontowersmad.co.uk
Old January 20th 04, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
CHRIS 159

"KarlJ" wrote in message
om...
"steve Wilcox" wrote in message

Unless there are any other suggestions it looks like
another trip to Pistyll Rhaeadr...

The NT campsite in Wasdale is open year round . . . .

Your all mad

I thought I was bad going in Easter!

you're obviously not a true camper thru and thru ;-)

Old January 20th 04, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Roebear

"Chris 159" wrote in message

"KarlJ" wrote in message
om...
"steve Wilcox" wrote in message

Unless there are any other suggestions it looks like
another trip to Pistyll Rhaeadr...

The NT campsite in Wasdale is open year round . . . .

Your all mad

I thought I was bad going in Easter!

you're obviously not a true camper thru and thru ;-)

We are off to Pistyll Rhaeadr this weekend... once we get a nice fire going
with a few jacket potatoes in the embers and a big pot of chilli over it all
will be fine!!!

Old January 20th 04, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
CHRIS 159

"Roebear" wrote in message

"Chris 159" wrote in message

"KarlJ" wrote in message
om...
"steve Wilcox" wrote in message

Unless there are any other suggestions it looks like
another trip to Pistyll Rhaeadr...

The NT campsite in Wasdale is open year round . . . .

Your all mad

I thought I was bad going in Easter!

you're obviously not a true camper thru and thru ;-)

We are off to Pistyll Rhaeadr this weekend... once we get a nice fire

going
with a few jacket potatoes in the embers and a big pot of chilli over it

all
will be fine!!!

sounds brilliant. u want any tag-along'ers ? :-D

Old January 20th 04, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Roebear

"Chris 159" wrote in message

"Roebear" wrote in message

"Chris 159" wrote in message

"KarlJ" wrote in message
om...
"steve Wilcox" wrote in message
Unless there are any other suggestions it looks like
another trip to Pistyll Rhaeadr...

The NT campsite in Wasdale is open year round . . . .

Your all mad

I thought I was bad going in Easter!

you're obviously not a true camper thru and thru ;-)

We are off to Pistyll Rhaeadr this weekend... once we get a nice fire

going
with a few jacket potatoes in the embers and a big pot of chilli over it

all
will be fine!!!

sounds brilliant. u want any tag-along'ers ? :-D

The more the merrier... we will be the ones in a little blue kyham
highlander...