Tents

Old December 29th 03, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Martin Giles

Default Tents

Thanks Liz its quite a good site. We want to invest in a good tent. We
have been on a camping trip for a week in our current tent and its a little
small although we are really car camping we are planning on backpack camping
as soon as we get a nice tent, so we need to keep weight in mind also.

Thanks again.

Martin

"FF" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:02:24 -0000, "Martin Giles"

wrote:

Hi

First post on one of these newsgroups

I am looking to upgrade my basic tent this year and I would like to hear
some suggestions.

I will be using this for camping on sites (not wild, yet ) for my

partners
and I. I would an area for cooking if possible.

Thanks

The choice is up to you. Khyam, Vango and Coleman all good names, if it's

just the 2
of you for a weekend here and there I'd go for a cheapo from Argos though

and spend
the on a good sleeping bag.
I found this site last night, dunno if any of their clearance tents are

what you had
in mind.

http://www.wildday.co.uk/acatalog/Wi...Tents_189.html

Liz

Old December 29th 03, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
CHRIS 159

"Martin Giles" wrote in message
Hi

First post on one of these newsgroups

I am looking to upgrade my basic tent this year and I would like to hear
some suggestions.

I will be using this for camping on sites (not wild, yet ) for my

partners
and I. I would an area for cooking if possible.

Thanks

khyam mckinley - 3 berth with quite large porch area plenty big enough for
cooking in. very very easy to erect, wind tunnel tested to something like
70mph, a very good all round tent IMO price 155

http://www.khyam.co.uk/flexidome.asp

HTH

Old December 29th 03, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mike R

"Chris 159" wrote in message

"Martin Giles" wrote in message
Hi

First post on one of these newsgroups

I am looking to upgrade my basic tent this year and I would like to hear
some suggestions.

I will be using this for camping on sites (not wild, yet ) for my

partners
and I. I would an area for cooking if possible.

Thanks

khyam mckinley - 3 berth with quite large porch area plenty big enough for
cooking in. very very easy to erect, wind tunnel tested to something like
70mph, a very good all round tent IMO price 155

http://www.khyam.co.uk/flexidome.asp

HTH

I have a Khyam Special Edition for sale - 2003 model, used a few times

Old December 29th 03, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Martin Giles

Mike

http://www.pjcamping.co.uk/Special%20Edition.htm

Is ^ That the one? If it is, I think its a little too large for me im
afraid, but thanks

Old December 31st 03, 01:34 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
FF

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:23:04 -0000, "Martin Giles" wrote:

Thanks Liz its quite a good site. We want to invest in a good tent. We
have been on a camping trip for a week in our current tent and its a little
small although we are really car camping we are planning on backpack camping
as soon as we get a nice tent, so we need to keep weight in mind also.

Thanks again.

Martin

Ooh! can I come too? (maybe not!) The hubby insists on taking everything *including*
the kitchen sink, so we don't get to do a lot of backpack camping:-(
ISTR some sort of silk and wool DIY sleeping bag someone had that was ideal for
backpack camping, and very light (sounds quite fun too!). Probably superceded by
synthetics these days though.

Liz (rambling again)
Old December 31st 03, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Martin Giles

Hehe

Pity I am gearing up to do the coast to coast next year 2005 with my
girlfirend which shoould be fun

Happy New Year

Martin