Campsite recommendations

Old December 29th 03, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Rob Kings

Default Campsite recommendations

Dear all

I'm looking for some recommendations for a UK campsite. I'm hoping to go
camping next year for a long W/E with a whole load of friends for my 40th
birthday. We'll be a mix of caravans/tents with plenty of children (in the
range 1-12) and no pets.

This year we did a similar thing at Wellington country park (near Reading)
and this was great. Lots to do for the kids, very safe, and the pitch layout
was conducive to a large "family" group. I'd go there again, but fancied
something else, preferably by the sea. We'll be coming from Oxfordshire,
London and Essex (mostly) so that limits the possible range for a long W/E.
Hampshire would be ideal, but I'm sure you get the picture.

Has anyone got any ideas, or links to web-sites where I can search? I tried
the ukcampsites page but you can only search on Name and county which means
I have to wade through loads that have no toilets/camping pitches to find
the ones that would be appropriate.

Many thanks

Rob

Old December 29th 03, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Linger

Rob Kings wrote:
Dear all

I'm looking for some recommendations for a UK campsite. I'm hoping to
go camping next year for a long W/E with a whole load of friends for
my 40th birthday. We'll be a mix of caravans/tents with plenty of
children (in the range 1-12) and no pets.

Mersey Island, Essex is great for that sort of thing.

--
Linger CR250
TFSTR#? |BOTAFOF#43 |SKOGA#(can't find the number) |BBB#4 |BHaLC#7

Old December 29th 03, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Netty

we stayed at a good site not far from Southend a couple of years ago (went
to see the airshow). I can't remember the name, but can dig it out for you
if you're interested. There was a lake, lots of grassy pitches, showers,
toilets, etc.

Don't know how far you want to travel, but we also go to Broadway in the
Cotswalds - Leedons Park. (just south of Stratford) Brilliant for kids -
adventure playground and outdoor heated swimming pool. Also good for
adults - lovely villages nearby. If you want any more info, just mail me
direct. If not - hope you have a brilliant 40th!

Lynnette

Old December 30th 03, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Rob Kings

Netty

I suppose I'm drawn away from Southend as we live fairly close to there (and
it would require a pretty good "sales job" to convince my friends to come
camping in Essex)

Leedons park sounds good, though I would prefer a place near the coast if
possible.

Rob

Old December 30th 03, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Rob Kings

Linger

If you see my other comments in this thread about Southend then I guess
those could be said to apply to Mersey Island. However, I'll take a look. Do
you have any specific recommendations?

Cheers

Rob
(VFR 800 ;-)

Old December 30th 03, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
drew

Rob Kings wrote:
[...]

How about this one....

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub...chichester.htm

Not tried it personally, but as with all C&CC sites it will be clean,
friendly and well run, but may be a bit too quiet for those that like
the 'butlins' type of stuff......

HTH
Drew.