France - Advice ?

Old December 29th 03, 11:34 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Graham[_2_]

Default France - Advice ?

Hi,

Starting to plan/think about next years holidays.

Fancy going to one of these Eurocamp type places in France - to keep family
happy !.

Any recommendations, or best places to buy/book ?

(I know it's a bit lazy compared to 'real' camping !)

Had a quick look at the eurocamp, and keycamp websites to get a feel.

Ta

Graham

Old December 30th 03, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andrew[_2_]

We went to a site called 'Les Menhirs' in Carnac in Southern Brittany a year
last May. It was a really nice site. Well laid out with 3 pools (not
heated), a bar and a shop/small takeaway. The Keycamp rep's were all very
friendly and helpful and we had a great 10 days.
The site is only about 10 minutes walk from the town and beach.
There are also some lovely beaches and towns in the area that are easy to
get to either by car or bus.

Andrew

Old December 30th 03, 07:38 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paul Robson

Graham wrote:

Hi,

Starting to plan/think about next years holidays.

Fancy going to one of these Eurocamp type places in France - to keep family
happy !.

Any recommendations, or best places to buy/book ?

(I know it's a bit lazy compared to 'real' camping !)

Had a quick look at the eurocamp, and keycamp websites to get a feel.

Err... what sort of camping holiday do you want ? Beach, mountains,
walking, what sort of weather, how far do you want to go ?

Old December 30th 03, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Graham[_2_]

"Paul Robson" wrote in
message ...
Graham wrote:

Hi,

Starting to plan/think about next years holidays.

Fancy going to one of these Eurocamp type places in France - to keep

family
happy !.

Any recommendations, or best places to buy/book ?

(I know it's a bit lazy compared to 'real' camping !)

Had a quick look at the eurocamp, and keycamp websites to get a feel.

Err... what sort of camping holiday do you want ? Beach, mountains,
walking, what sort of weather, how far do you want to go ?

Taking the family - so beach, swimming pools, nearby villages etc. -
Typical family sites.

Graham

Old December 30th 03, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paul Robson

Graham wrote:
"Paul Robson" wrote in
message ...

Graham wrote:

Hi,

Starting to plan/think about next years holidays.

Fancy going to one of these Eurocamp type places in France - to keep

family

happy !.

Any recommendations, or best places to buy/book ?

(I know it's a bit lazy compared to 'real' camping !)

Had a quick look at the eurocamp, and keycamp websites to get a feel.

Err... what sort of camping holiday do you want ? Beach, mountains,
walking, what sort of weather, how far do you want to go ?

Taking the family - so beach, swimming pools, nearby villages etc. -
Typical family sites.

Graham

Well, that gives you Normandy, North Brittany, South Brittany, Vendee,
Gascony/Gironde, Languedoc/Rousillon and the Cote D'Azur. In order of
(roughly) more distance and better weather.

I personally don't like Eurocamp sites much. There's a trade off between
size and facilities ; there are some small sites with good facilities.
Anyone used the Mark Hammerton group (didn't he used to be French
Country Camping now sold to the big groups ?)

Old January 1st 04, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Netty

We went to a fab keycamp site a couple of years ago in North Brittany -
Erquy. Nice bar, friendly french owners, couple of pools and big water
slides. Well laid out, but not too big. We found a couple of beaches
nearby which were near on deserted, and great for rockpooling etc. The
village itself was also very nice - typical french promenade. Also not too
far from some of the bigger towns on the north coast - good aquarium and
shopping.

"martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 00:34:00 -0000, "Graham"
wrote:

Hi,

Starting to plan/think about next years holidays.

Fancy going to one of these Eurocamp type places in France - to keep

family
happy !.

Any recommendations, or best places to buy/book ?

(I know it's a bit lazy compared to 'real' camping !)

Had a quick look at the eurocamp, and keycamp websites to get a feel.

The one near the prehistoric stone circles in Carnac Brittany,
featured in the BBC 1989 Xmas film "Ball Trap on the Cote Sauvage"
reshown on BBC4 on Xmas day this year.
http://cgi.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/cinema/...balltrap.shtml

A friend used the campsite and recommended it.
--
Martin

Old January 7th 04, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
marc

martin wrote:

A friend used the campsite and recommended it.

but it wasn't by the sea....numnut! see original post!

It depends how near the sea you want to be. How far from the sea is
the Carnac campsite?

Probably closer than from the top of the quoted text to your one line
reply! :-(

--
Marc. Please note the above address is a spam trap, use marcc to reply
Printing for clubs of all types http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk
Old January 7th 04, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andrew[_2_]

"martin" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Les Menhirs (Keycamp) is about a quarter of a mile from the beach. It takes
5 minutes to walk there and it's only about 10 minutes into the town of
Carnac Plage.
Link to site description:

http://www.keycamp.co.uk/cfm/Campsit...MasterCode=339

Andrew