DIY Backpack designs

Old January 13th 04, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris Herrin

Default DIY Backpack designs

So I've decided I'm going to make an ultralight backpack. It will be my
intermediate-size pack, and hopefully, my wife's main pack.

We have a 5200ci Dana Glacier and a 2200ci TNF Exocet, so I am looking for
around 3500-4000ci from this one, giving us greater flexibility depending on
the needs of the trip.

Obviously, since we will both be using it, the pack needs to be of an
adjustable design. Other than the GVP G4 design, is anyone aware of other
good designs available online?

Ideally, I would love a Granite Gear Nimbus Ozone or Gregory Z Pack, but
money is currently a prohibiting factor, and I happen to have a great sewing
machine and plenty of sail-weight nylon on hand.

Any links, pointers, or brilliant ideas will be appreciated!