Where to get a 12V LCD TV?

Old January 20th 04, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning
Darren

Default Where to get a 12V LCD TV?

Hi,

I am looking for a 15" or 17" LCD TV that will run off 12V. Can anyone
suggest any suppliers on the web or stores where I can get one + also
recomend a decent LCD TV.

Thanks Darren

Old January 20th 04, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning

"Darren" wrote in message
Hi,

I am looking for a 15" or 17" LCD TV that will run off 12V. Can anyone
suggest any suppliers on the web or stores where I can get one + also
recomend a decent LCD TV.

Well ones I've seen working in shops and looked at I've noted that they are
not directly into a 13amp socket, but feed via a small transformer which as
been mains down to 12v. So I assume you could miss this out and feed your
12v supply straight in.

Please reply to News Group.

Old January 20th 04, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning
Brian West

In message , Darren
writes
Hi,

I am looking for a 15" or 17" LCD TV that will run off 12V. Can anyone
suggest any suppliers on the web or stores where I can get one + also
recomend a decent LCD TV.

Thanks Darren

Try http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/home.html

Bezalbub

Old January 21st 04, 06:06 AM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:47:17 GMT, "Darren"
wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for a 15" or 17" LCD TV that will run off 12V. Can anyone
suggest any suppliers on the web or stores where I can get one + also
recomend a decent LCD TV.

Thanks Darren

http://www.roadpro.co.uk/enter.asp

Have a look around here Darren.....

Si

Regards, Simon
http://www.thehawthornes.org
Old January 21st 04, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

Picked up a 15" lcd from John Lewis 3weeks ago for 300. End-of-range
(replacement same but with FM radio) screen ratio changeable (wide, normal,
zoom...), sound changeable (Dolby, surround, music, speech...), FastText,
PC-compatible with PIP (picture-in-picture) + other goodies. Runs from a
transformer, 14V output. Yet to try it on 12V (next month is first 'vanning
opportunity this year). Not tried it on PC either (yet); bought it for
bedroom/caravanning. V satisfactory, tuning a doddle. I think they (John
Lewis) also had multi-region LCD TVs but, as we never take the TV abroad all
I remember is that they were v expensive.

As an aside, I understand plasma screens suffer from screen "burning"
(channel 5, MTV etc logos), LCDs don't. But this could be just a rumour
propagated by LCD suppliers.

Keith

Old January 25th 04, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning
Daniel [DualStone]

In article , Darren
says...

I am looking for a 15" or 17" LCD TV that will run off 12V.

Try Ebay. Quite a few in-car TVs for cheap.

http://tinyurl.com/3bzl3

--
Daniel
DualStone Web Design - http://www.DualStone.co.uk
Old February 3rd 04, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning
richard baker

Try

http://www.12volt-televisions.co.uk/

rik