Isle Of Wight

Old February 2nd 04, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tony

Default Isle Of Wight

Can anyone recommend a camp site on the Isle Of Wight for a family of 4 - 2
young children aged 2 and 6 , All it needs to have is a decent shower block
and site shop, I pub or club within walking distance would also be nice.

Thanks

Tony

Old February 2nd 04, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Justin C

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 12:03:27 -0000, Tony
wrote:
Can anyone recommend a camp site on the Isle Of Wight for a family of 4 - 2
young children aged 2 and 6 , All it needs to have is a decent shower block
and site shop, I pub or club within walking distance would also be nice.

http://www.oldbarntouring.co.uk/

Stayed there a couple of years ago with friends and their offspring
(eugh!) and found it very pleasant. The facilities were clean and
modern. There is a pub at the top of the road, easy walking distance and
down the road just off the roundabout is a supermarket, probably a
shorter walk than the pub.

There is an airfield almost next door but only for very light craft,
there weren't enough planes to bother us and they were low enough that
we could wave at the occupants and see them wave back (none after dusk,
I'm guessing none of them had instrument ratings so that keeps it
quiet).

--
Justin C, by the sea.
Old February 3rd 04, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stephen Glynn

"Tony" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a camp site on the Isle Of Wight for a family of 4 -

2
young children aged 2 and 6 , All it needs to have is a decent shower

block
and site shop, I pub or club within walking distance would also be nice.

Thanks

Tony

We went to the Haven site at Lower Hyde two years running and found the
facilities excellent, they even booked the ferry for us!

---