Camping - no facilities

Old February 4th 04, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jclarke

Default Camping - no facilities

I have just brought a campervan and can't wait to get out in to the
wilderness!!.

I ideally want to camp in isolated areas without facilities (bar a
stream or pub couple of miles down the road etc) where I can have a
Camp Fire.

Is thier any site on the internet that lists Camping sites in the UK
that are either free or cheap that you are allowed to "park up"?

regards

JC

Old February 4th 04, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Rifleman

"Jclarke" wrote in message
om...
I have just brought a campervan and can't wait to get out in to the
wilderness!!.

I ideally want to camp in isolated areas without facilities (bar a
stream or pub couple of miles down the road etc) where I can have a
Camp Fire.

Is thier any site on the internet that lists Camping sites in the UK
that are either free or cheap that you are allowed to "park up"?

regards

JC

Plenty of layby's around.... ;-)

Old February 4th 04, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Rifleman

"martin" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:38:51 -0000, "Rifleman" wrote:

"Jclarke" wrote in message
. com...
I have just brought a campervan and can't wait to get out in to the
wilderness!!.

I ideally want to camp in isolated areas without facilities (bar a
stream or pub couple of miles down the road etc) where I can have a
Camp Fire.

Is thier any site on the internet that lists Camping sites in the UK
that are either free or cheap that you are allowed to "park up"?

regards

JC

Plenty of layby's around.... ;-)

even some with cafes.

And piles of chippings....

Old February 7th 04, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Eric Clarke

On a practical note such sites are owned or advertised by the Camping &
Caravanning Club, the Caravan Club, the Forestry Commission and the National
Trust. Are your near the New Forest?
om...

Old February 8th 04, 07:51 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
John Mann

In message , Eric Clarke
writes
On a practical note such sites are owned or advertised by the Camping &
Caravanning Club, the Caravan Club, the Forestry Commission and the National
Trust. Are your near the New Forest?
"Jclarke" wrote in message
. com...
I have just brought a campervan and can't wait to get out in to the
wilderness!!.

I ideally want to camp in isolated areas without facilities (bar a
stream or pub couple of miles down the road etc) where I can have a
Camp Fire.

Is thier any site on the internet that lists Camping sites in the UK
that are either free or cheap that you are allowed to "park up"?

But those sites are unlikely to meet the poster's requirements of (a) No
facilities and (b) fires permitted!
--
John Mann
"You have talked so often of going to the dogs - and well, here are the dogs,