Camping sites

Old February 4th 04, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
allnewtonyg

Default Camping sites

Hi,
I'm going to start camping this summer with the kids and i'm looking for web
sites that list sites that allow you to go along and pitch your tent for a
day or two.
BTW i live in newcastle therefore any information about the north sites
would be welcome
thanks in advance

Old February 4th 04, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
allnewtonyg

Great idea. However i might try and get the hang of it in the UK first.
"martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 18:22:23 -0000, "allnewtonyg"
wrote:

Hi,
I'm going to start camping this summer with the kids and i'm looking for

web
sites that list sites that allow you to go along and pitch your tent for

day or two.
BTW i live in newcastle therefore any information about the north sites
would be welcome
thanks in advance

You could get on the DFDS Newcastle-IJmuiden ferry and camp in
Rijnsburg in Zuid Holland :-)

--
Martin

Old February 4th 04, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jim :o\)

There's a nice little site just down the coast from you, near Marsden Rock.
Can't remember the name but it's on Lizard Lane.
"martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 18:28:27 -0000, "allnewtonyg"
wrote:

Great idea. However i might try and get the hang of it in the UK first.

yes, but campsites are more civilised on this side of the North Sea
:-)
--
Martin

Old February 4th 04, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andrew[_2_]

Old February 4th 04, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
drew

allnewtonyg wrote:
Hi,
I'm going to start camping this summer with the kids and i'm looking for web
sites that list sites that allow you to go along and pitch your tent for a
day or two.
BTW i live in newcastle therefore any information about the north sites
would be welcome
thanks in advance

You might try the Camping and Caravan Club sites, pretty much all of
them have a few spaces for 'overnight' stops, also the sites are locked
overnight, so tend to be a little more secure than some sites I have
tried. Other things that I like is the consistently good standard of the
loos and they strictly adhere to the rules about spacing of units to
reduce the risk of fire spreading. Many commercial sites jam in as many
units as they can into a field which is not terribly safe or comfortable
for the campers.

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk

HTH

Drew

Old February 7th 04, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
jimf

drew wrote:
allnewtonyg wrote:

[...]

got to agree with this post,
especially the Keswick site.

--

http://www.graybox.co.uk

'Wizards have calculated that "one in a million chances", occur nine
times out of ten'
Old February 8th 04, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
jimf

jimf wrote:

drew wrote:

allnewtonyg wrote:

[...]

Didn't have time to mention, but when we first started camping we used
to go to Park Foot Campsite, Pooley Bridge.
http://www.lakedistrictcamping.co.uk/northeast.htm
this site used to be a little 'wilder' I distinctly remember me and the
kids watching the 'fire-eaters' and 'uni-cyclists' early into the
morning, there were also good facilities for canoe hire, pedal boats,
you can hire small cruisers for touring the lake. Then of course I got
older and started to go to bed earlier!

Old February 8th 04, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Steve Robins

Hi
Can I recommend you try Bainbridge ings in Hawes, Nth Yorkshire. The
facilities are good and the owners are friendly and helpful. It's great to
use as a base and 5 min walk from the town centre (good pub food and child
friendly). Theres plenty to see and do such as the caves and waterfalls.
It also has it's own website.
Hope you enjoy it if you do go.
Steve Robins

Old February 8th 04, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
MP

"Steve Robins" wrote in message
Hi
Can I recommend you try Bainbridge ings in Hawes, Nth Yorkshire. The
facilities are good and the owners are friendly and helpful. It's great to
use as a base and 5 min walk from the town centre (good pub food and child
friendly). Theres plenty to see and do such as the caves and waterfalls.
It also has it's own website.
Hope you enjoy it if you do go.
Steve Robins

Have to agree with nearly all Steve say's about Bainbridge ings in Hawes,
North Yorkshire (http://www.bainbridge-ings.co.uk/) a very good site set in
nice scenery, but nearer a good ten min walk from the town centre I would
think.

MP