seeking plastic zip handle 'pulls' for rucsack etc.

Old February 10th 04, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jon Nicoll

Default seeking plastic zip handle 'pulls' for rucsack etc.

Hello all
my small (Arctura) rucsack that I use for cycling has a feature
that I like. The 'handle' for the zips is a short (3 inch or so)
length of thin nylon cord, passed through the 'slot' in the metal zip
housing. The two ends of the cord are then fastened within a plastic
moulding, which also acts as a 'pull' for the zip. This isn't a great
description but those who have a similar thing will recognise it, I
hope.

I'm looking for a source of these plastic mouldings to add such pulls
to zips on other items I have. Any ideas for stockists for this kind
of gizmo?

Thanks
Jon N
Old February 10th 04, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Phil Cook[_3_]

On 10 Feb 2004 07:23:00 -0800, Jon Nicoll wrote:

Hello all
my small (Arctura) rucsack that I use for cycling has a feature
that I like. The 'handle' for the zips is a short (3 inch or so)
length of thin nylon cord, passed through the 'slot' in the metal zip
housing. The two ends of the cord are then fastened within a plastic
moulding, which also acts as a 'pull' for the zip. This isn't a great
description but those who have a similar thing will recognise it, I
hope.

I'm looking for a source of these plastic mouldings to add such pulls
to zips on other items I have. Any ideas for stockists for this kind
of gizmo?

I just use a piece of cord looped through and knotted.

Old February 12th 04, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Eric Clarke

A bit of string is what I thought too but a trip to the NEC the weekend
20/21/22 Feb might find the real McCoy.
Eric
om...

Old February 12th 04, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jon Nicoll

Hi Eric et. al.
Yeah, I'm being a bit fancy I know, but it makes a nice change...
I've spoken to Point North who may be able to get some in, and have
found a few places on the web who sell them in large quantities.
'Duraflex' seem to be one manufacturer. I'll pass on details if anyone
other than me is interested ...

Regards
Jon N