Pressure cooker

Old February 29th 04, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
James Roberts

Default Pressure cooker

Hi everyone............We are thinking of buying a small pressure cooker for
trips out. Has anyone any suggestions or comments ?

thanks

Carol & Jim R

Old February 29th 04, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Phil Cook[_3_]

martin wrote:

Do Prestige still make these cookers, if so where can I buy
spares?

Yes.

Googling and a few clkcks brings brings

http://www.prestigehousewares.co.uk/...sp?catalogue=1

Though whether they have any spares for old models is another
question.
Old February 29th 04, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
JayBee

"martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:14:54 -0000, "James Roberts"
wrote:

Hi everyone............We are thinking of buying a small pressure cooker

for
trips out. Has anyone any suggestions or comments ?

We've used an old aluminium Prestige pressure cooker in our boat for
decades and another at home. Is that the sort of thing you mean? In
tests at the time we bought them, I remember that most alternative
makes of pressure cooker didn't reach a high enough pressure to be
effective. Do Prestige still make these cookers, if so where can I buy
spares?
--
Martin

I recently bought a new gasket, safety valve and weights for my old
Prestige. Found them in a small hardware shop. I'd imagine that a kitchen
shop would also have them?

Jaybee

Old February 29th 04, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris 159

wrote:

[...]

i think woolworths sell them

Old March 6th 04, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
chris French

In message , martin
writes
On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 20:12:37 +0000 (UTC), "Eric Clarke"
wrote:

"James Roberts" wrote in message
Hi everyone............We are thinking of buying a small pressure cooker

for
trips out. Has anyone any suggestions or comments ?

thanks

You can get a real smart small one from Lakeland Plastics.

Does it reach a high enough pressure to be effective.

I'v e no reason to suspect not (Yes I've read your previous posts).

Anyway, Lakeland stuff is usually reliable, and if it isn't they have a
very good refund policy. They will refund the price at any time, for any
reason, and not charge return postage

--
Chris French