Looking for bowl-like cooking surface for gas - PLUS fridge for car

Old March 1st 04, 07:23 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Odie

Default Looking for bowl-like cooking surface for gas - PLUS fridge for car

I haven't seen one of these for 20 years or so, but it's basically gas
powered and consists of a concave cooking surface (ideal for frying and
paella) that sits atop a pole screwed into a gas cylinder.

Anyone know where I can get one from?

Secondly, I wish to purchase a fridge to keep in the car for long, hot
summer days. It appears most of them also keep food warm.

Can anyone recommend one in particular? (It needs to be substantially
larger than these fridges that hold a 6-pack of beer...)

Odie

--
RetroData
The Data Recovery Experts
Old March 1st 04, 07:35 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Windy Cottage

try

www.houseofhastings.com/prod03.htm

its surprising how much food you can get in the car fridge. Kept the kids
quiet for hours.

jan

Old March 1st 04, 07:54 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Odie

Default FOUND: "Skottel" - PLUS fridge for car

Windy Cottage wrote:

try

www.houseofhastings.com/prod03.htm

its surprising how much food you can get in the car fridge. Kept the kids
quiet for hours.

.....it's not the kids I'm worried about - it's me!

I found exactly what I was looking for

http://www.rthursbyleisure.co.uk/acatalog/Cadac.html

If anyone has one knocking around unused, I'd like to hear from them.

Thanks

Odie

Old March 1st 04, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
carstev[_2_]

Hi

Phone these peeps Down South0208 540 4007 ask about the skottel braai
adaptors. These are what u need

STEVE
"martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 07:54:24 +0000, Odie
wrote:

Windy Cottage wrote:

try

www.houseofhastings.com/prod03.htm

its surprising how much food you can get in the car fridge. Kept the

kids
quiet for hours.

....it's not the kids I'm worried about - it's me!

I found exactly what I was looking for

http://www.rthursbyleisure.co.uk/acatalog/Cadac.html

If anyone has one knocking around unused, I'd like to hear from them.

and a very useful page on the same site

http://www.rthursbyleisure.co.uk/recipes.html
--
Martin

---

Old March 1st 04, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Justin C

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 07:35:47 GMT, Windy Cottage
wrote:

try

www.houseofhastings.com/prod03.htm

Being local to that part of the world I have to say houseofhastings
(or Thor Craft as it was until a few years ago) has/had a bit of a
reputation for being a bit expensive.

It has been a long time since I've had cause to visit the shop so can't
comment these days, just a bit of a warning.

--
Justin C, by the sea.