Coleman stoves and co2 cartridges

Old March 2nd 04, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Justin C

Default Coleman stoves and co2 cartridges

This is a follow-up to a thread I appear to have misplaced.

For any who may be interested I contacted Coleman about this pressure
gizmo and they tell me it isn't one of their products, it is from a
company called Crosman and is called "pressuremate".

I have found many links to sites offering it for sale but on visiting
the sites I cannot find one that has stock - the links from Google all
appear to link to pages that no longer exist.

Anyway, from what I can work out, as mentioned by the person who
originally brought this up (sorry, I can't remember who you are), this
device when fitted with a co2 cartridge keeps your Coleman stove/lamp up
to pressure without need to frequently pump the device.

So, yes, it existed but doesn't appear to any more; if you have a
Coleman stove/lamp and happen across one of these then grab it with both
hands because you'll not see one again.

I hope this info is useful to those who followed the previous thread.

--
Justin C, by the sea.
Old March 2nd 04, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
marc

Justin C wrote:

Anyway, from what I can work out, as mentioned by the person who
originally brought this up (sorry, I can't remember who you are),

Me , no problem

this
device when fitted with a co2 cartridge keeps your Coleman stove/lamp up
to pressure without need to frequently pump the device.

So, yes, it existed but doesn't appear to any more; if you have a
Coleman stove/lamp and happen across one of these then grab it with both
hands because you'll not see one again.

Bugger! :-( I was hoping to buy one next year when I go to the states.
BTW anyone know how you get a backpacking permit for the Grand Canyon?

--
Marc. Please note the above address is a spam trap, use marcc to reply
Printing for clubs of all types http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk
Old March 2nd 04, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
marc

martin wrote:

Bugger! :-( I was hoping to buy one next year when I go to the states.
BTW anyone know how you get a backpacking permit for the Grand Canyon?

Try the googling for the Grand Canyon National Park website.

But that will just get me the National Park's version (1) I was hoping
for the "real" version.

(1) Plus I don't normally run a web browser from this computer

Old March 2nd 04, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
marc

Default Grand Canyon National Park WARNING LONG MESSAGE!

martin wrote:

But that will just get me the National Park's version (1) I was hoping
for the "real" version.

I don't understand the difference, doesn't the National Park issue the
permits?

It does , but for example I would like to know, how likely getting a
walk in permit is,

I would guess that it's about as likely as getting a walk in hotel
room in Yosemite National Park in the low season - zero!

So would I , but then I can;t understand why they offer a service that
isn't likely to be available.

do they send the permits to overseas adresses,

or can you pick them up when you arrive?

Or do i need to arrange a US address?

For many Americans overseas is a figment of Bush's fertile
imagination.

Don't I know it! :-(

does
an over seas application get more or less priority to a "homeland" one,
etc..etc...

I'd guess it's come first served.

So would I , but then some tourism authorities try to encourage visitors
more than "locals"

Old March 4th 04, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
richard baker

Check spiritburner.com, the classic stove site and ask people in the forum,
I have a feeling it was talked about a few months ago, and deemed unsafe
practice,,,,,, over pressure + petrol = big bang

rik

emon.co.uk...