Electric hookups

« - | - »

Old April 2nd 04, 01:19 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
chris French

Default Electric hookups

In message , JayBee
writes

"Dave Eades" wrote in message
Hello,
I'm thinking of buying an electric hook-up for the tent, to make life a
little more comfortable for us (especially in the evenings)
I was wondering if they are Ok to run a television from,
and maybe a kettle.
A guy near me makes them and says they are safe, I can supply a photo of
these if you would like to give your comments.
TIA
Dave

Just be careful if you are using stuff like kettle, fan heater, hairdryer
etc. The campsite supply is unlikely to be able to cope with that sort of
current demand and you may trip it. Camping shops sell low wattage kettles
etc.

Surely for things like kettles it makes more sense to use the stove
anyway?

Some sites will probably have a 10A supply (the one we are going o in
May does, though we don't use a hookup), though 16 A is common nowadays
it seems.

If you are likely to use something with a higher current draw, I would
stick to things of no more than 2 kW as this will fall within the 10A
limit
--
Chris French

« - | - »