Sleeping bags

« - | - »

Old April 3rd 04, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
HN

Default Sleeping bags

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:30:58 +0000, Tom
wrote:

Does anyone have experience using a Buffalo sleeping bag without
benefit of a tent or bivi? How do they cope with rain or rising damp?
TIA

I have a Buffalo superbag, and the wife has a Buffalo 4S inner and
Thermaliner, but no way would we use them without shelter. They
aren't intended for that. The 4S system is a layered system designed
to be used as a conventional bag, but the Superbag is intended to be
used in conjunction with Buffalo clothing and with a bivvy bag as a
cover.

The outer shells of these are not waterproof or showerproof by design.
The only real benefit of these bags is that they retain their warmth
when wet and dry very quickly with the aid of a persons body heat.
Just like Buffalo clothing in fact!

If you use one on bare, damp earth, you WILL feel the cold.

Neil

Old April 10th 04, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tom

In article , HN
writes
wrote:

[...]

Many thanks - just what I needed to know.
--
tom

« - | - »