Electric hookups

Old April 4th 04, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
sPONiX

Default Electric hookups

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 17:37:30 +0000 (UTC), "Dave Eades"
wrote:

Hello,
I'm thinking of buying an electric hook-up for the tent, to make life a
little more comfortable for us (especially in the evenings)
I was wondering if they are Ok to run a television from,
and maybe a kettle.
A guy near me makes them and says they are safe, I can supply a photo of
these if you would like to give your comments.

So long as you don't exceed the maximum rating of the cable OR the
campsite supply you will be OK.

Make sure you get a lead with an RCD fitted at the socket end for
extra peace of mind.

sPoNiX
Old May 3rd 04, 08:24 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Alan[_3_]

I thoroughly agree with Neil's post about the RCD, and for the sake of 80 -
100 its worth buying a commercially made cable, not one your neighbour has
thrown together, just for the piece of mind, even more so if you have kids .