latest visit

Old April 9th 04, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Dee Varley

Default latest visit

I'm not sure if it's okay to review campsites on this news group
.................so I'm sorry if I'm wrong.
We've just had a couple of days away in our new tent at 'St Tinney Farm'
(Cornwall) and it was loads of fun.
I spent ages trying to find somewhere suitable for our brood of 13, 12 and 8
as well as us (and we like it quiet!).
Anyway it was everything it promised on the website and more!
http://www.st-tinney.co.uk/
Lots of friendly animals for the kids, lakes, wildlife, an excellent...but
tiny pub with great food, and friendly owners and staff.
I can't recommend it enough, we had a fantastic time.
All the very best,
Denise and Mark.

Old April 10th 04, 06:35 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paddy[_2_]

I have looked it up on the web and it looks interesting so that we give it a
try this year
Thanks
Paddy

Old April 10th 04, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
marc[_2_]

In article ,
says...
I'm not sure if it's okay to review campsites on this news group

I would have thought it was an ideal use of the NG
Old April 10th 04, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
FF

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 19:28:47 +0100, "Dee Varley" wrote:

I'm not sure if it's okay to review campsites on this news group
................so I'm sorry if I'm wrong.
We've just had a couple of days away in our new tent at 'St Tinney Farm'
(Cornwall) and it was loads of fun.
I spent ages trying to find somewhere suitable for our brood of 13, 12 and 8
as well as us (and we like it quiet!).
Anyway it was everything it promised on the website and more!
http://www.st-tinney.co.uk/
Lots of friendly animals for the kids, lakes, wildlife, an excellent...but
tiny pub with great food, and friendly owners and staff.
I can't recommend it enough, we had a fantastic time.
All the very best,
Denise and Mark.

It looks lovely, but why-oh-why do so many small campsites have coarse fishing (and
what is the point in catching fish you can't eat).

We had a horrid experience at another Cornish campsite where the coarse fisherfolk
turned up at 8:00 on a Sunday morning, effin' and blindin' at the tops of their
voices, letting a couple of dogs loose to sh*t at will:-( We won't be going back and
I doubt anyone will be able to convince me this "sport" has a purpose.

Liz

Old April 10th 04, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paddy

In message , marc
nvalid writes
In article ,
says...
I'm not sure if it's okay to review campsites on this news group

I would have thought it was an ideal use of the NG

Indeed, that was one of the main aims of the group when it was set up:
-request and give recommendations, reviews.

Paul.
--
Paul reply-to is valid
Old April 10th 04, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mr.Nice.[_3_]

Twas Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:59:35 GMT when FF
put finger to keyboard producing:

[...]

We found the fishing folk were well out of the way of the campsite
(pitches), a few minutes walk to the lake.

I too fail to see the point of going to so much time and effort to
catch a fish, cause it pain etc only to deprive yourself of a meal by
throwing it back. takes all kinds I suppose.

--
Regards.
Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
Old April 11th 04, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
FF

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:16:19 +0100, Mr.Nice. wrote:

[...]

Good:-)

I too fail to see the point of going to so much time and effort to
catch a fish, cause it pain etc only to deprive yourself of a meal by
throwing it back. takes all kinds I suppose.

And most of it's perfectly edible too! I spose you're right & it *does* take all
kinds, but I'm just one of those people who thinks they're hurting animals for fun
(and there seems so much more of of these days)

On a brighter note, whivh I didn't have time to post yesterday.... We found this
place:
http://www.chez.com/asmlandes/galoppe.htm
to the north of Biarritz last summer. You can borrow a rustic rod and line and catch
as many trout as you like. Then you pay for them (not very much!) and if you don't
fancy cooking them at home they'll do them for you in their restaurant. My son caught
2 trout and I caught 1 finger (and a quick trip to the doc!). The trout were
delicious and it's one of the best memories of a good holiday.
(The finger wasn't a big OW really:-)

Liz