gas or petrol stoves

Old April 10th 04, 06:52 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
richard baker

Default gas or petrol stoves

Coleman make good stoves, although the build quality is not that great. I
prefer the Trangia, Swedish Army Trangia (a tenner off ebay), but for
staying power my old 1916 Primus 210 parafinn stove cannot be beat. 88
years old and still going strong. Pick up a small Primus model 96 for about
25 quid off ebay, great stoves.

For general information on stoves of all kinds look at

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/81021
ask questions, the collectors there have a massive wealth of knowledge and
are a friendly bunch

Rik

"rowman" wrote in message
My vote is for the petrol version of the Coleman. I've used both Trangia
(20 years) and the Coleman single ring burner (10 years). The Coleman
gives out loads of heat, enough to cook a really good fry-up in the
depths of winter. What more can you say...

Richard

Andy Brown wrote:

Hi All,
I have just got one of the Coleman gas stoves but I have seen the petrol
ones and they seem to give a much better flame. Apart from the obvious

is
there and advantage on having a petrol one and do you recommend any at a
reasonable price.

Andy