Aberafon

Old April 12th 04, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Bea

Default Aberafon

I've just got back from camping over Easter with my boyfriend. We decided on
"Aberafon" campsite which is 11 miles South of Caernarfon and 9 miles north
of Pwhlelli (spelling?) on the A499.

The campsite was amazing, as was the hosts. I emailled the campsite a couple
of times, firstly to ask for directions, secondly to ask if I can reserve a
pitch, and thirdly to ask for a pitch close to the beach. I received replies
within a day, and I got my pitch right next to the beach.

Campfires are allowed at this site, although they are only permitted on the
beach. Not many trees / broken branches / etc. near by, so S and I drove to
a nearby garage to buy some logs. 1.89 for a HUGE bag of logs and we had a
fire every night.

The main toilet block was a five minute walk away from our pitch, and
included showers for 10p (lasted about 2 minutes per 10p) and there was a
small toilet block on the field were we were. The nearby toilets were only
that - no wash basins or anything.

The beach is stoney - Not reccommended for bucket and spades, but EXCELLENT
for the fires.

Nearby is Caernarfon, Pwhlelli, Abersoch, Bangor and Lleyn Penninsular, but
walking wise, there is Snowdonia National Park all but a 20 mnutes drive
away.

Camp site, once again, was amazing - 4 per person per night. Definately
recommend it to other people.

Old April 12th 04, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran

said...
Pwhlelli (spelling?)

Pwllheli
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.
Old April 13th 04, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
pedant

"Bea" wrote in
:

Definately (spelling?)

Definitely

Old April 14th 04, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Bea

Well, I wasn't asking for you to correct all of my spelling - Just wanted
help with the Welsh words. I mean, it's not my fault I'm Dyslexic!

"pedant" wrote in message
. 97.132...
"Bea" wrote in
:

Definately (spelling?)

Definitely

Old April 14th 04, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Niles

"Bea" wrote:

|Well, I wasn't asking for you to correct all of my spelling - Just wanted
|help with the Welsh words. I mean, it's not my fault I'm Dyslexic!

There are people for whom mis-spelled 'definitely' is like a red rag to a
bull. I'm sure they didn't mean to be rude!

If you speak French, the fini bit with two 'i's is like finir, to finish.
Both words have the same Latin root, I think.

| Niles, Nottingham
"Excuse me! | ICQ UIN 12724766
-- I'm a virtuous person now." | outpages.com/nilex