Recommendations for on-line camping stores?

Old April 15th 04, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
C Walters

Default Recommendations for on-line camping stores?

I'm seeking recommendations for online shops that have camping supplies
for delivery in the UK. I did a google but am looking for
recommendations from real users. Here are some of the ones I found on
google:

http://www.outdoors.ltd.uk/
http://www.cotswold-outdoor.com/
http://www.georgefisher.co.uk/
http://www.worldofcamping.co.uk/index.htm

Thanks for any recommendations.
dangbit

Old April 15th 04, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Roebear

"C Walters" wrote in message
.. .
I'm seeking recommendations for online shops that have camping supplies
for delivery in the UK. I did a google but am looking for
recommendations from real users. Here are some of the ones I found on
google:

http://www.outdoors.ltd.uk/
http://www.cotswold-outdoor.com/
http://www.georgefisher.co.uk/
http://www.worldofcamping.co.uk/index.htm

Thanks for any recommendations.
dangbit

Hi,

I've bought from Outdoors.ltd.uk (i think this one is the official scout
group store), they were good, i got a coleman petrol lamp delivered in a
couple of days, loads cheaper than anywhere else i found.

I don't generally like e-buying camping stuff... i like the musty damp smell
while searching round little camp shops for things that i REALLY don't
need!!!

Steve

Old April 16th 04, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Dee Varley

"C Walters" wrote in message
.. .
I'm seeking recommendations for online shops that have camping supplies
for delivery in the UK. I did a google but am looking for
recommendations from real users. Here are some of the ones I found on
google:

http://www.outdoors.ltd.uk/
http://www.cotswold-outdoor.com/
http://www.georgefisher.co.uk/
http://www.worldofcamping.co.uk/index.htm

Thanks for any recommendations.
dangbit

We just recieved our copy of the towsure catalogue this morning which looks
very good.They also sell on line at http://www.towsure.com/ . Hubby
strongly recomends them and also http://www.outdoorgear.co.uk/.

All the best,
Denise.

Old April 16th 04, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jim Biber

Hi there - yes I have tried a few online stores and I have found the
best and cheapest place to get backpacking equipment is a
www.cheaptents.com
I also like Cotswold as they have a large range, as well as rei.com
although they are american so be wary of paying import duties on your
order.