Easter Hols report, East riding of yorkshire. (long)

Old April 15th 04, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Dave Eades

Default Easter Hols report, East riding of yorkshire. (long)

Just come back from a week away at Thorpe Hall caravan and Camping site in
Rudston, Nr Bridlington.
This is the second time we've visited the site and we were once again
delighted with the site.

We were a bit hesitant about going as the weather here in Manchester was
appalling as we left.
we got past Leeds and the sun came out and stayed out for the full week.

If you wish to have a nice quiet base for pottering around the east
Yorkshire coast, can i reccomend this site?
not much to do on site for the kids, but just enough!
lovely tranquil settings with excellent wildlife. going to sleep with the
sound of owls, and waking up with the sound of wood pigeons and woodpeckers
and the cockerel!

There is excellent coarse fishing (I'm told) on site.
and the shower block is heated 24 hours a day, so you can go and have a nice
piping hot shower at 3am if you so desire.
The site is within a walled garden of a stately home so is very weaterproof.

There are great places to visit nearby. Bridlington is only 4 miles away,
there is a great secluded bay at Flamborough Head, Scarborough,Whitby,Filey
Skipsea,Hornsea and Withernsea are all great nearby seaside places to visit.

If walking is your thing, there are lots of local walks from an easy stroll
to something altogether more tiring.

I have no connection at all with the site and these are of course only my
views, but, if you are visiting this area, you could do far worse.

Dave

Old April 16th 04, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jonathan Stafford

Just come back from a week away at Thorpe Hall caravan and Camping site in
Rudston, Nr Bridlington.
This is the second time we've visited the site and we were once again
delighted with the site.

Perhaps you could add your review to http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/ I find
these reports invaluable and I'm sure it would be much appreciated by
others. That's the only problem with newsgroups, the news disappears after
a while.

Jonathan