Trailer tent groups

Old April 17th 04, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
P and C H

Default Trailer tent groups

Sorry if I am intruding,

I am looking for a group with interests in Trailer tents, pop up campers or
whatever people call them.

Any leads to such groups, webpages or Yahoo type groups will be appreciated.
Many Thanks,

Peter H

Old April 17th 04, 08:02 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paul Robson

P and C H wrote:
Sorry if I am intruding,

I am looking for a group with interests in Trailer tents, pop up
campers or whatever people call them.

Any leads to such groups, webpages or Yahoo type groups will be
appreciated. Many Thanks,

Peter H

There is a Conway Forum (google for Conway Forum). Which is of
course, primarily, but by no means exclusively, Conways.

Old April 17th 04, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Prof Rollerball

I am looking for a group with interests in Trailer tents, pop up
campers or whatever people call them.

Any leads to such groups, webpages or Yahoo type groups will be
appreciated. Many Thanks,

Hi!

I just looked in on this group to ask exactly the same question!!!

I'm thinking of getting a trailer tent. The 4 main makes I've found are
Conway, Sunncamp (yes, with 2 'n's), Raclet and Cabanon. The best way to
get a look at the trailer tent scene is to look up 'trailer tents' on ebay
and see some of the offerings for sale, from nearly new to worn out!

There are various terms used to define specific types. A trailer tent is
just that, a tent that unfolds from a trailer, often with an additional
awning. A folding camper is the bottom half of a caravan with a tent top
half. A folding caravan has solid folding walls and roof. A pop-up or
pop-top is a low-profile caravan with a roof section that can be raised for
extra headroom.

cheers, Rick.

Old April 18th 04, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
mike k[_2_]

In article , Prof Rollerball
wrote:

[...]

We have a Trigano. Used for the first time in anger during the last
week. Now know what an awning strap is for. Camperlands have a good
website with current info on www.camperlands.co.uk -we're in Manchester
so were able to have a good nosey round at both new & used models.

--
TheOtherMikeK
==
Old April 20th 04, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
jimf

Prof Rollerball wrote:

I am looking for a group with interests in Trailer tents, pop up
campers or whatever people call them.

Any leads to such groups, webpages or Yahoo type groups will be
appreciated. Many Thanks,

Hi!

I just looked in on this group to ask exactly the same question!!!

I'm thinking of getting a trailer tent. The 4 main makes I've found are
Conway, Sunncamp (yes, with 2 'n's), Raclet and Cabanon.

Can highly reccommend the sunncamp make, its been a great unit for me
and the family, but alas the wife wants a c*****n! Hers our sunncamp.
Have included the manual for download.

http://www.graybox.co.uk/tent.php

--

http://www.graybox.co.uk

'Wizards have calculated that "one in a million chances", occur nine
times out of ten'

Old April 25th 04, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Steve

P and C H wrote:
Sorry if I am intruding,

I am looking for a group with interests in Trailer tents, pop up campers or
whatever people call them.

Any leads to such groups, webpages or Yahoo type groups will be appreciated.
Many Thanks,

Peter H

There is a group for Dandy and Riva Owners hosted on Yahoo. It's free to
sign up as a Yahoo user.

There is also an Owners Club http://www.dandyowners.co.uk/ which
includes a Sales Page

And of course a Manufacturer http://www.rivaleisureltd.co.uk/

hth Steve
Old April 27th 04, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Douglas E. Hunter

have you tried alt.rv.pop-up-trailers ?

Most folks posting there are from the U.S. I don't know of a U.K. pop-up
group.

regards,

doug

.. .

Old April 27th 04, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
drew

Douglas E. Hunter wrote:
have you tried alt.rv.pop-up-trailers ?

Most folks posting there are from the U.S. I don't know of a U.K. pop-up
group.

regards,

doug

"P and C H" wrote in message
.. .

Sorry if I am intruding,

I am looking for a group with interests in Trailer tents, pop up campers

or

whatever people call them.

Any leads to such groups, webpages or Yahoo type groups will be

appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Peter H

I wouldn't bother too much with that NG, most of the regulars consider
you need something like a Ford F150 Truck
http://www.kielsandandgravel.com/ima...20VEHICLES/02% to tow
anything!!!

A very small trailer to most of them would be somewhere in the region of
the big Pennines, when I mentioned trailer tents I mainly got the
response, 'what are they?'

It can be fun reading their flame wars though, especially when someone
says they tow with a (shh) Minivan like a Chrysler Voyager!

Drew.