very, *very* easy to put up tent needed!!

Old April 17th 04, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
grimmy

Default very, *very* easy to put up tent needed!!

I've just spent a very frustrating day trying learn how to put up one
of these tents on my own.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=1751&productId=89534&Trail=C$cip=12298 C$cip=12310C$cip=12312&categoryId=12312

I have a *very* mild co-ordination problem. It has virtually no impact
on my everyday life(driving a car etc all fine), but just every now
and then I find something fiddly where I feel I have one hand too
few!!

I fancy doing a bit of camping, but not if it's going to be as hard as
this to put up a tent! Anything easier?

thanks

paul
Old April 17th 04, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Phil Cook[_3_]

On 17 Apr 2004 14:16:26 -0700, grimmy wrote:

I've just spent a very frustrating day trying learn how to put up one
of these tents on my own.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=1751&productId=89534&Trail=C$cip=12298 C$cip=12310C$cip=12312&categoryId=12312

I have a *very* mild co-ordination problem. It has virtually no impact
on my everyday life(driving a car etc all fine), but just every now
and then I find something fiddly where I feel I have one hand too
few!!

I fancy doing a bit of camping, but not if it's going to be as hard as
this to put up a tent! Anything easier?

What is it you find difficult about putting up that Pro Action tent?
If we know the problems we can suggest tents that may not have that
feature.

Old April 18th 04, 07:51 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paul Robson

grimmy wrote:
I've just spent a very frustrating day trying learn how to put up one
of these tents on my own.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=1751&productId=89534&Trail=C$cip=12298 C$cip=12310C$cip=12312&categoryId=12312

I have a *very* mild co-ordination problem. It has virtually no impact
on my everyday life(driving a car etc all fine), but just every now
and then I find something fiddly where I feel I have one hand too
few!!

I fancy doing a bit of camping, but not if it's going to be as hard as
this to put up a tent! Anything easier?

Rather than using Argos, why don't you visit a camping and caravanning place
(a decent one) and ask the advice of someone who knows. (The chap who runs
Norwich Camping & Caravanning for example would I'm sure have excellent
advice.)

Argos will not have a clue at all.

Old April 18th 04, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
John and Pauline at Thornbury[_2_]

VAUDE HOGAN

--
No direct reply option available.
"Paul Robson" wrote in

Old April 18th 04, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mr.Nice.[_3_]

Twas Sun, 18 Apr 2004 10:16:58 +0100 when "John and Pauline at
Thornbury" put finger to keyboard producing:

VAUDE HOGAN

eh?

--
Regards.
Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
Old April 18th 04, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
grimmy

Phil Cook wrote in message . ..
What is it you find difficult about putting up that Pro Action tent?
If we know the problems we can suggest tents that may not have that
feature.

Making the two black poles into an arch and tying them together,
whilst trying to keep them in their holders at the four corners of the
tent.

Nightmare.
Old April 18th 04, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris 159

m...

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...y?storeId=1000
1&langId=-1&catalogId=1751&productId=89534&Trail=C$cip=12298 C$cip=12310C$c
ip=12312&categoryId=12312

I have a *very* mild co-ordination problem. It has virtually no impact
on my everyday life(driving a car etc all fine), but just every now
and then I find something fiddly where I feel I have one hand too
few!!

I fancy doing a bit of camping, but not if it's going to be as hard as
this to put up a tent! Anything easier?

thanks

paul

khyam flexidomes are extremely easy to put up
http://www.khyam.co.uk/rapidex_flexi.asp

Old April 18th 04, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
chris French

In message , grimmy
writes
Phil Cook wrote in message
What is it you find difficult about putting up that Pro Action tent?
If we know the problems we can suggest tents that may not have that
feature.

Making the two black poles into an arch and tying them together,
whilst trying to keep them in their holders at the four corners of the
tent.

Ok, so get a tent with less poles, or at least a less fiddly
arrangement.

My Spacepacker has one pole - easy peasy. however, if you intend to only
spend GBP25 on a tent you may find the price more challenging.....

http://www.robertsaunders.co.uk/pages/spacepacker.html

--
Chris French

Old April 18th 04, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
T.

"Chris 159" wrote in message

"grimmy" wrote in message
m...
I've just spent a very frustrating day trying learn how to put up one
of these tents on my own.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...y?storeId=1000

1&langId=-1&catalogId=1751&productId=89534&Trail=C$cip=12298 C$cip=12310C$c
ip=12312&categoryId=12312

I have a *very* mild co-ordination problem. It has virtually no impact
on my everyday life(driving a car etc all fine), but just every now
and then I find something fiddly where I feel I have one hand too
few!!

I fancy doing a bit of camping, but not if it's going to be as hard as
this to put up a tent! Anything easier?

thanks

paul

khyam flexidomes are extremely easy to put up
http://www.khyam.co.uk/rapidex_flexi.asp

If one pole cannot be contended with then a Khyam certainly
can't............They are not the easiest of tent to erect.

Old April 18th 04, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Martin Craven

"Paul Robson" wrote in
message ...
grimmy wrote:
[...]

Nothing wrong with Argos tents themselves, I use the one man proaction and
it has been performing excellently whilst wild camping on the snowdonia
range!

Not always necessary to have the Gucci kit, waste of hard cash!

Martin

www.wildcamping.org.uk