Campsites in the Lakes

« - | - »

Old April 19th 04, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Barry[_2_]

Default Campsites in the Lakes

Does anyone know of any good campsites in the Lake District?

Thanks

Barry

Old April 19th 04, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris 159

"Barry" wrote in message
Does anyone know of any good campsites in the Lake District?

Thanks

Barry

two that i highly reccomend are - http://www.lakesideholidaypark.co.uk/ and
http://www.wasdaleweb.co.uk/FramesetNationalTrust.html

all depends what you want really. the first is actually in keswick so its
like a holiday makers place and the second is wasdale which is pretty much
in the middle of no-where which i find excellent for 'getting away from it'

HTH

Old April 19th 04, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Bea

Ooo - I can also recommend Fisherground Campsite in Eskdale. This is a
FANTASTIC site for families, couples or for single campers.

Lots to do and see nearby.

http://www.fishergroundcampsite.co.uk/

Controlled camp fires are allowed on this site. I love this site so much - I
am going there for May bank holiday!

Old April 20th 04, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Bea

You ever been there before? It is a fantastic site, and I've been
returning there annually since I was about 5 years old!

I must admit that in recent years, one of the reasons I tend to return to
this site all the time is because they allow camp fires.

Old April 20th 04, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Bea[_2_]

I normally go to Stonethwaite, down in Borrowdale for a "rough" camp site.
Stonethwaite is SO adorable - I love it so much, but it's not the sort of
place you want to take kids or family - The "facilities" are DARK - none lit
toilets - And that's it!!

the stream there is amazing though - and is even swimmable in the summer (I
mean that one lovely week at the end of July that we normally get).

Old April 20th 04, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Anjoux

yep - been going there for nearly 15 years - several times a year now
I'm local - know victor and his hounds well - take you own faciliies and
its heaven - great for kids too - providing they stay on the site, the
river is fine to mess about in anytime after the rainy season

....don't try getting onsite with a performance car though - you will
need at least 8" clearance under the car :P

Anj