Portable Fridge

Old April 19th 04, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jonathan Stafford

Default Portable Fridge

Just thought I'd let you all know, I wouldn't have known if I hadn't got a
flyer, that Maplin are selling a 12V/240V portable fridge/food warmer for
39.99, reduced from 79.99

www.maplin.co.uk

I bought one today and so far so good.

Jonathan

Old April 19th 04, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Colin Dawson

"jonathan stafford" wrote in message
Just thought I'd let you all know, I wouldn't have known if I hadn't got a
flyer, that Maplin are selling a 12V/240V portable fridge/food warmer for
39.99, reduced from 79.99

www.maplin.co.uk

I bought one today and so far so good.

Jonathan

I got one last year, when they were last on offer. It's sat next to my desk
at work, running 24/7. Uses about 2 Amps when running on 12v, so an 85Ah
leasure battery should last for a weekend. Just one point, after a few
days ice starts to form over a cover at the top of the box. This isn't a
problem, but you should defrost regularly.

Colin.

Old May 3rd 04, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Alan[_3_]

are you sure it's a fridge and not just a cooler, i.e a fridge has to be
able to constantly lower the temp to below 8 degrees Celsius. we bought a 3
way fridge from towsure and it's been brilliant, although it was a bit more
expensive

http://www.towsure.co.uk/