Where to buy Thermarest mats?

Old April 19th 04, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andrew[_2_]

Default Where to buy Thermarest mats?

Can anyone recommend a good source for Thermarest sleeping pads, please?
I want to get 2 (or maybe 3) pads and am thinking of the thicker wider
models - Basecamp or Luxury camp.
TIA,

Andrew

Old April 19th 04, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
AndyP[_2_]

"Andrew" wrote

Can anyone recommend a good source for Thermarest sleeping pads, please?
I want to get 2 (or maybe 3) pads and am thinking of the thicker wider
models - Basecamp or Luxury camp.

There's a whole new range of Thermarests out this year so Ellis Brigham were
selling last year's models at something like about 20 or 25% off I think a
week or so ago. I got the cheapest Explorer model (32?) for use as an
extra make shift bed in my flat.

Old April 19th 04, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran

said...
said...
Can anyone recommend a good source for Thermarest sleeping pads, please?

If you can find them, Highlander mats are just as good if not
better. What's more, they're cheaper.

http://tinyurl.com/22dhn
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.
Old April 19th 04, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andrew[_2_]

"Fran" wrote in message
t...
said...
said...
Can anyone recommend a good source for Thermarest sleeping pads,

please?

If you can find them, Highlander mats are just as good if not
better. What's more, they're cheaper.

http://tinyurl.com/22dhn
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.

Thanks Fran.
They look pretty good and for the price it's worth ordering one just to try
it out.

Andrew

Old April 19th 04, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran

said...

"Fran" wrote in message
t...
said...
said...
Can anyone recommend a good source for Thermarest sleeping pads,

please?

If you can find them, Highlander mats are just as good if not
better. What's more, they're cheaper.

http://tinyurl.com/22dhn

Thanks Fran.
They look pretty good and for the price it's worth ordering one just to try
it out.

I'm happy with mine. I don't do backpacking, and I'm not concerned
about weight, so I went for the thickest mat I could find. I like a
*lot* of comfort when I'm sleeping; the Highlander is just about
good enough for me. Better, mind, is one on top of another - now
that really *is* comfy!
Old April 19th 04, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Phil Cook[_3_]

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:58:55 +0100, Fran wrote:

said...

"Fran" wrote in message
t...
said...
said...
Can anyone recommend a good source for Thermarest sleeping pads,

please?

If you can find them, Highlander mats are just as good if not
better. What's more, they're cheaper.

http://tinyurl.com/22dhn

Thanks Fran.
They look pretty good and for the price it's worth ordering one just to try
it out.

I'm happy with mine. I don't do backpacking, and I'm not concerned
about weight, so I went for the thickest mat I could find. I like a
*lot* of comfort when I'm sleeping; the Highlander is just about
good enough for me. Better, mind, is one on top of another - now
that really *is* comfy!

This is the person who has mooted that three Thermarests might just
make a comfortable camp bed on another group which tends towards
thinking that an ultralite is the bee's knees. :-)

Old April 19th 04, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran

said...
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:58:55 +0100, Fran wrote:

said...

"Fran" wrote in message
t...
said...
said...
Can anyone recommend a good source for Thermarest sleeping pads,
please?

If you can find them, Highlander mats are just as good if not
better. What's more, they're cheaper.

http://tinyurl.com/22dhn

Thanks Fran.
They look pretty good and for the price it's worth ordering one just to try
it out.

I'm happy with mine. I don't do backpacking, and I'm not concerned
about weight, so I went for the thickest mat I could find. I like a
*lot* of comfort when I'm sleeping; the Highlander is just about
good enough for me. Better, mind, is one on top of another - now
that really *is* comfy!

This is the person who has mooted that three Thermarests might just
make a comfortable camp bed on another group which tends towards
thinking that an ultralite is the bee's knees. :-)

One is OK, two or three is luxury. And a darned sight easier than
one of they blow-up 'spare bed' type thingies. To be fair, I've
been adequately comfy on one mat; however the other weekend I had
the opportunity to put one on top of t'other and that was when I
discovered how extraordinarily comfy three could be. 'Bout time
someone made a 6" thick self-inflator :-)
Old April 19th 04, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Phil Cook[_3_]

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:48:41 +0100, Fran wrote:

said...
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:58:55 +0100, Fran wrote:

said...

"Fran" wrote in message
t...
said...
said...
[...]

P'raps you need to borrow Paul's "luxury" to give it a test?