New House Farm Site

Old April 23rd 04, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Roebear

Default New House Farm Site

Hi, we are thinking of going to New House Farm in Builth Wells, Powys in a
few weeks time for a weekend... anyone been??? if so is it ok??? i have
checked ukcampsite.co.uk and it has 1 positive review.

Old April 26th 04, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
mountain

"Roebear" wrote in
:

Hi, we are thinking of going to New House Farm in Builth Wells, Powys
in a few weeks time for a weekend... anyone been??? if so is it ok???
i have checked ukcampsite.co.uk and it has 1 positive review.

Stayed there for 1 night last summer. It's quite small, and the field isn't
very level, so choose your spot carefully (there were only us and another
family when we stayed so we both got level pitches). The toilet block is
adequate if not exactly salubrious. The owners are very pleasant and
friendly and breakfast in the conservatory (if you can't be bothered to
make your own) was very good.
It is quite a way from any amenities, the nearest shops being a drive away,
don't know how far the nearest pub is but I don't remember seeing one close
by.
The views are good across a pretty green valley.
I personally liked it, though I did find it slightly twee, and would go
there again if I was going to be camping in that area again.

Piers
Old April 26th 04, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Roebear

"mountain" wrote in message
. 97.132...
"Roebear" wrote in
:

[...]

Great, thanks, sounds like what we are looking for... i think we are going
to go end of may far a weekend.