Where to go

Old April 26th 04, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Iamthelaw

Default Where to go

Hello everyone,
my names Sean i'm from Manchester, me and a group of mates want to go
camping one weekend (leave on friday back on sunday) in the next month and
were wondering where to go. We want somewhere which is about 2 hours away,
by train. We were hoping for somewhere that costs either nothing at all or
very little, not bothered about amenities we just want somewhere, where we
will be on our own be able to have a drink and a fire.

Thanks for your help

Sean

Old April 26th 04, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
James Meek

It has to be the lakes - You can get a train to Windermere, and there are
loads of sites around there. Have a look at some of the other postings...

Have fun.

JM..

"Iamthelaw" wrote in message
Hello everyone,
my names Sean i'm from Manchester, me and a group of mates want to go
camping one weekend (leave on friday back on sunday) in the next month and
were wondering where to go. We want somewhere which is about 2 hours away,
by train. We were hoping for somewhere that costs either nothing at all or
very little, not bothered about amenities we just want somewhere, where we
will be on our own be able to have a drink and a fire.

Thanks for your help

Sean

---

Old April 27th 04, 04:58 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Gio

Suggest you save your money and use the nearest piece of waste ground if
drinking and setting fire to things is your game ;-)

Gio

news:[email protected]

Old April 27th 04, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Iamthelaw

lol we just want a camp fire lol its not an arsenist meeting :-D
"Gio" x wrote in message ...
Suggest you save your money and use the nearest piece of waste ground if
drinking and setting fire to things is your game ;-)

Gio

news:[email protected]

Old April 27th 04, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Gio

I am glad you confirmed your intentions Sean, I had got a vision of all hell
breaking out somewhere within a 2 hour train trip of Manchester.

Gio
"Gio" x wrote in message ...
Suggest you save your money and use the nearest piece of waste ground if
drinking and setting fire to things is your game ;-)

Gio

news:[email protected]

Old April 27th 04, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Ian

my names Sean i'm from Manchester, me and a group of mates want to go
camping one weekend (leave on friday back on sunday) in the next month and
were wondering where to go. We want somewhere which is about 2 hours away,
by train. We were hoping for somewhere that costs either nothing at all or
very little, not bothered about amenities we just want somewhere, where we
will be on our own be able to have a drink and a fire.

Hi Sean

Try Fisherground, cheap, lively and they allow campfires

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/de...asp?revid=1080

You can get to it by rail

Old April 27th 04, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Iamthelaw

lol not this time, so do you have any ideas, i've heard most places are a
bit against fires, my dad said he really liked edale but that was about 10
15 year ago. Wasdale looked great but it was 21 return on national express,
and that was only to be dropped of at windamere, any more thoughts folks?

"Gio" x wrote in message ...
Suggest you save your money and use the nearest piece of waste ground

if
drinking and setting fire to things is your game ;-)

Gio

news:[email protected]

Old April 27th 04, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Iamthelaw

hey it looks great but theres only one problem
"We cater mainly for families and groups with children, and every effort is
made to ensure silence after 11pm if you cause a disturbance to other
campers after this time you will be asked to leave"
lol we are a group of lads between 18-21 i doubt we will finish till about
4/5 lol, thanks anyway

Sean

Old April 27th 04, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran

said...
hey it looks great but theres only one problem
"We cater mainly for families and groups with children, and every effort is
made to ensure silence after 11pm if you cause a disturbance to other
campers after this time you will be asked to leave"
lol we are a group of lads between 18-21 i doubt we will finish till about
4/5 lol, thanks anyway

I hate to rain on your parade (as the saying goes) but to be
honest you sound like my idea of a campsite nightmare. You can't
seriously expect to have a site to yourselves over a bank holiday
weekend in one of the most popular locations in the UK, and most
of your fellow campers will not be at all pleased to be kept
awake past midnight by a group of rowdy youths. Please bear in
mind that they may have had a very long drive that day; they may
have a very long drive the next day; they may be exhausted after
walking, sightseeing etc; they may have young children. Do you
seriously expect anyone here to recommend somewhere other than an
isolated field somewhere? Most of us go camping to get away from
the noise of Saturday night. Sorry if I sound too much like your
idea of a disapproving parent - it's probably because I am one.
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.
Old April 27th 04, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Phil Cook[_3_]

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:24:33 +0100, Fran wrote:

said...
hey it looks great but theres only one problem
"We cater mainly for families and groups with children, and every effort is
made to ensure silence after 11pm if you cause a disturbance to other
campers after this time you will be asked to leave"
lol we are a group of lads between 18-21 i doubt we will finish till about
4/5 lol, thanks anyway

I hate to rain on your parade ... ... Most of us go camping to get away from
the noise of Saturday night. Sorry if I sound too much like your
idea of a disapproving parent - it's probably because I am one.

WSTW