Trailer brake cables

Old April 28th 04, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mark[_2_]

Default Trailer brake cables

I recently bought a trailer off ebay for camping etc. Its a large trailer
and has brakes fitted. The brake cables have corroded and I need to replace
them. Local trailer centres have never seen such cables and were unable to
help me. Does anyone know a supplier/fabricator of brake cable arrangements
where I can get new ones made up?

Thanks

Mark

Old April 28th 04, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
QrizB[_2_]

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:11:25 +0100, "Mark"
wrote:

I recently bought a trailer off ebay for camping etc. Its a large trailer
and has brakes fitted. The brake cables have corroded and I need to replace
them. Local trailer centres have never seen such cables and were unable to
help me. Does anyone know a supplier/fabricator of brake cable arrangements
where I can get new ones made up?

If you post the eBay auction number we'll be able to look at the
picture of the trailer - this might help us identify it.

--
QrizB

"On second thought, let's not go to Z'Ha'Dum. It is a silly place."
Old April 28th 04, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Bryan Hall

Nice tag line
;-)

Old April 28th 04, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
drew

Mark wrote:
I recently bought a trailer off ebay for camping etc. Its a large trailer
and has brakes fitted. The brake cables have corroded and I need to replace
them. Local trailer centres have never seen such cables and were unable to
help me. Does anyone know a supplier/fabricator of brake cable arrangements
where I can get new ones made up?

Thanks

Mark

Try...

http://www.trailerpartswarehouse.co.uk

HTH
Drew.

Old April 28th 04, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mark[_2_]

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/ebayISAPI.d...tem=2471867325

These cables need making up. I've shown these cables to the experienced
guys in a trailer centre and they say they are specials. The green paint
suggested the trailer was once owned by the National Grid company and so not
on general sale.