help me out please

Old April 28th 04, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris 159

Default help me out please

i cant decide on a suitable place to take the family for a long weekend. it
has to be the lake district. it has to be somewhere that an 8 year old
sea-side loving girl wont get bored but it also cannot be a sea-side place
because they give me bad headaches.
i want somewhere thats good for a 'get away from it all' camper like i am
but also good for kids that get bored easily.
the only place that keeps on popping up in my head is keswick.

any ideas folks ?

TIA

chris

Old April 28th 04, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Phil Cook[_3_]

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 19:20:08 +0100, Chris 159 wrote:

i cant decide on a suitable place to take the family for a long weekend. it
has to be the lake district. it has to be somewhere that an 8 year old
sea-side loving girl wont get bored but it also cannot be a sea-side place
because they give me bad headaches.
i want somewhere thats good for a 'get away from it all' camper like i am
but also good for kids that get bored easily.
the only place that keeps on popping up in my head is keswick.

any ideas folks ?

Fisherground site in Esk Dale. Way out West so might be a bit quiet,
but the sea is close. For attractions you've got campfires the
Ravenglas and Eskdale Railway and the BNFL visitor centre. If you want
the bright lights of Ambleside you'll have to take possibly Britain's
biggest free rollercoaster, the Wrynose and Hardknot passes.
Old April 28th 04, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris 159

"Phil Cook" wrote in message
[...]

way out west is where i usually go on my own and the family have decided
they want to go too to see what i like so much about it but im very
concerned they wont appreciate the tranquility of it all.
i like the sound of ambleside, i've drove through there before but never
actually camped there yet so that may be one to consider.

as for the big free roller coaster i'd rather avoid it like the plague
having been there, done that, almost smoked my cavalier lol

Old April 28th 04, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mr Blue Skye

"Chris 159" wrote in message
i cant decide on a suitable place to take the family for a long weekend.

it
has to be the lake district. it has to be somewhere that an 8 year old
sea-side loving girl wont get bored but it also cannot be a sea-side place
because they give me bad headaches.
i want somewhere thats good for a 'get away from it all' camper like i am
but also good for kids that get bored easily.
the only place that keeps on popping up in my head is keswick.

any ideas folks ?

TIA

chris

How about Matlock Bath? It's the seaside without the sea.
MBS

Old April 28th 04, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris 159

"Mr Blue Skye" wrote in message

"Chris 159" wrote in message
i cant decide on a suitable place to take the family for a long weekend.

it
has to be the lake district. it has to be somewhere that an 8 year old
sea-side loving girl wont get bored but it also cannot be a sea-side

place
because they give me bad headaches.
i want somewhere thats good for a 'get away from it all' camper like i

am
but also good for kids that get bored easily.
the only place that keeps on popping up in my head is keswick.

any ideas folks ?

TIA

chris

How about Matlock Bath? It's the seaside without the sea.
MBS

thanks for that suggestion, but in my origional post it said "it has to
be the lake district" ????? :-/

Old April 28th 04, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tony

St Bees?
try http://www.stbees.org.uk/
http://www.seacote.com

"Chris 159" wrote in message
i cant decide on a suitable place to take the family for a long weekend.

it
has to be the lake district. it has to be somewhere that an 8 year old
sea-side loving girl wont get bored but it also cannot be a sea-side place
because they give me bad headaches.
i want somewhere thats good for a 'get away from it all' camper like i am
but also good for kids that get bored easily.
the only place that keeps on popping up in my head is keswick.

any ideas folks ?

TIA

chris

---
No attachments unless advised in body of email.

Old April 29th 04, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Bea[_2_]

There's a campsite near Keswick, in Borrowdale called Stonethwaite. It's a
gorgeous campsite, but the road leading away from the "main road" is very
bumpy.

I think the bumpy road stretches for 2 miles then you can turn into the
site.

The campsite doesn't really have a lot to offer, but there is a beautiful
river which flows there. If you want to walk, there are plenty of places to
go... Follow the river "up-stream" to the "deeper" part (about a 10 minute
walk over the styles) and it's perfect for swimming.

The sight has a lot of trees, perfect for your little girl to play hide and
seek in.

No camp fires allowed, but there is still plenty to do around the area -
Keswick is about a 10 minute drive from there.

There is a pub about a miles' walk away which allow children in. They serve
meals and have a wonderful "open fire" in there, which I think is perfect if
you want to "rest your aching feet" after a hard days walk.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/re...aite&by=sitena
me

There is directions on there, but no other information.

Hope this helps!

Old May 1st 04, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris 159

"Tony" wrote in message
St Bees?
try http://www.stbees.org.uk/
http://www.seacote.com

bookmarked the site ta

Old May 1st 04, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris 159

"Bea" wrote in message
[...]

that sounds fantastic. thanks