Dorset/Devon please

Old May 2nd 04, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran

Default Dorset/Devon please

Having been overwhelmed by the various things thrown up by Google
I thought I'd ask for personal recommendations instead of just
fishing around on the web. I'm looking for recommendations for
tent campsites in the Dorset and Devon areas. My requirements
are fairly simple:

* An acceptance of children
* Toilets
* Hardstanding to plant the minibus[1]
* It'd be nice to have hot water for washing or even showers, but
they're not essential.

[1] I use it as a family car but it's a heavy beast. When it
gets bogged down in a muddy field it doesn't do it by halves.
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.
Old May 2nd 04, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Roebear

"Fran" wrote in message
t...
Having been overwhelmed by the various things thrown up by Google
I thought I'd ask for personal recommendations instead of just
fishing around on the web. I'm looking for recommendations for
tent campsites in the Dorset and Devon areas. My requirements
are fairly simple:

* An acceptance of children
* Toilets
* Hardstanding to plant the minibus[1]
* It'd be nice to have hot water for washing or even showers, but
they're not essential.

[1] I use it as a family car but it's a heavy beast. When it
gets bogged down in a muddy field it doesn't do it by halves.
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.

Hiya... We went to North Morte Farm in Morte Hoe, just up the hill from
Woolacombe Bay last year, it is pretty much on the cliff top so is a bit
windy, but it was the cheapest we could find (about 8 per night for a large
tent.!!!)

I remember seeing camper vans on there, but cant remember if they were any
hard standing pitrches or not. The site had a decent (if not a touch
expensive) shop, free showers and a washing up section. It is quite a
large site, but the pitches are not marked so you get to choose where you
stay (no electric hookups though).

We were inforormed before we went that it could get quite lively on the
weekend with surf types, but to be honest we didn't see it, and we were
there for 2 weeks in august!

If you want any more details let me know...

Steve

Old May 3rd 04, 12:38 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran

said...

"Fran" wrote in message
I'm looking for recommendations for
tent campsites in the Dorset and Devon areas. My requirements
are fairly simple:

* An acceptance of children
* Toilets
* Hardstanding to plant the minibus
* It'd be nice to have hot water for washing or even showers, but
they're not essential.

Hiya... We went to North Morte Farm

This one?
http://www.northmortefarm.co.uk/

It doesn't need to be a pitch, as such. Just a patch of tarmac
will do as long as it doesn't mean the 'bus is blocking the way.
That last bit seems to be the most usual hazard, except of course
in fields, where there tends not to be any tarmac at all.
Old May 3rd 04, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Roebear

"Fran" wrote in message
t...
said...

"Fran" wrote in message
I'm looking for recommendations for
tent campsites in the Dorset and Devon areas. My requirements
are fairly simple:

* An acceptance of children
* Toilets
* Hardstanding to plant the minibus
* It'd be nice to have hot water for washing or even showers, but
they're not essential.

Hiya... We went to North Morte Farm

This one?
http://www.northmortefarm.co.uk/

It doesn't need to be a pitch, as such. Just a patch of tarmac
will do as long as it doesn't mean the 'bus is blocking the way.
That last bit seems to be the most usual hazard, except of course
in fields, where there tends not to be any tarmac at all.
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.

Yes, thats the one, although the prices seem to have risen a few pounds
since we went...

While we were there there was some really bad weather, very heavy rain, high
winds etc, but i didn't see anyone get stuck. The site was well maintained
as well, the grass was cut regularly and the toilet and shower blocks were
clean enough. The road down the site is tarmac, so as long as you dont stray
too far off it into the fields you should be OK...

Old May 3rd 04, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran

said...

Hiya... We went to North Morte Farm

This one?
http://www.northmortefarm.co.uk/

Yes, thats the one, although the prices seem to have risen a few pounds
since we went...

While we were there there was some really bad weather, very heavy rain, high
winds etc, but i didn't see anyone get stuck. The site was well maintained
as well, the grass was cut regularly and the toilet and shower blocks were
clean enough. The road down the site is tarmac, so as long as you dont stray
too far off it into the fields you should be OK...

Thanks, that sounds great.