Vango Diablo 600

Old May 3rd 04, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
matty

Default Vango Diablo 600

Hi

I am looking to purchase a new tent and rekon i have pretty much
narrowed it down to a Vango Diablo 600 but just wanted to ask a few
questions before i commited myself!

My biggest concern is the size of it - i have not been able to find
anywhere local with the tent on show (live in Brighton) and jhave just
realised that the width of the tent is over 8 meters (830cms) - will
this be a problem at campsites (will i be charged for two pitches?) or
do they not much care for the size of a tent?

Also.....the tent is for 2 adults and one child (maybe another child
in the not too distant future!) I'm going for a 6 man tent as i read
it is better to go bigger as you will always need the space, and a 4
man tent is sometimes a bit of a squeeze - do people here agree?

Any comments or experiences with the tent would be appreciated

Old May 4th 04, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
TribalKev[_2_]

"matty" wrote in message
om...
Hi

I am looking to purchase a new tent and rekon i have pretty much
narrowed it down to a Vango Diablo 600 but just wanted to ask a few
questions before i commited myself!

My biggest concern is the size of it - i have not been able to find
anywhere local with the tent on show (live in Brighton) and jhave just
realised that the width of the tent is over 8 meters (830cms) - will
this be a problem at campsites (will i be charged for two pitches?) or
do they not much care for the size of a tent?

Also.....the tent is for 2 adults and one child (maybe another child
in the not too distant future!) I'm going for a 6 man tent as i read
it is better to go bigger as you will always need the space, and a 4
man tent is sometimes a bit of a squeeze - do people here agree?

Any comments or experiences with the tent would be appreciated

Regards

I purchased a Vango Diablo 600 last year and have found it an excellent
tent, especially with little ones as there nothing worse than having too
little space and tripping over each other. Our family consists of 2 adults
and 2 kids (3&6) and the tent is ample. The two bedrooms are plenty big
enough for us and we also store all our clothing food supplies in the
bedrooms

As with regards to the sites we went to two site last year and neither were
a problem, a lot of sits now have very large pitches anyway. It was about
the same size as many large frame tents and trailer tents when erected, and
with the latest tent of taking gazebos too it probable took up less space
than a lot of other campers. My advice would be to ring up the site in
advance and make sure there pitches are big enough, but remember there are
bigger tents out there so you should be ok.
The width of the tent is probably just under 8m as the side wings go back so
the horizontal axis is less.

My only advice would be with this tent is be careful putting it up as it is
big and needs two people to erect it, take your time and think about where
you want to pitch it i.e. placement of entrance & exit before you start
putting in the poles as it can be hard to move once all the poles are in.

Hope this has been of some help and I haven't just waffled.

Cheers Kev