Coleman Dual Fuel Stove

Old May 4th 04, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Roebear

Default Coleman Dual Fuel Stove

Hi,

I have a coleman dual fuel stove and overall am pleased with it. The
problem i have is that the jet seems to be clogged up with carbon (mainly
because i only run it on pertol!!!).

Has anyone got one of these stoves and experienced the same problems (only
getting orange flame)??? if so how have you got round it??? do you think
putting something like injector cleaner for a car engine in the tank would
help at all???

Cheers

Steve

Old May 10th 04, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Neil

On Fri, 7 May 2004 16:35:37 +0100, "Steve Brassett"
wrote:

But they're 15 quid!

It was the only way I got mine working again, though.

Useful tip:

Buy a replacement generator and fit it.

Then take the old one and let it soak in automotive carburettor(sp?)
cleaner. A good blow through afterwards and you've got another
replacement for the next time.

The cleaning wire inside the 533 generator can be carefully removed
and replaced after cleaning. The 424 generator also comes apart but
has more bits in it, one of which is a fibre tube which must be
handled carefully.

I have 2 Coleman dual fuel stoves - a single burner and the double
burner both of which I've had for at least 6 years - I've only ever
bought 1 generator for each!

Neil

Old May 10th 04, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
marc

martin wrote:

Not sure where you got that from but Coleman don't have a minimum order
of 6 parts with dealers. We regularly order just one or two generators
etc.

I got it originally from Coleman a number of years ago when I phoned
their customer "service" dept from hell. It was further re inforced
last year when I bumped into one of their reps in my local camping shop
and he apologised for the policy saying that it was one of his biggest
problems in trying to push the brand.

after refusing to export or allow dealers to Coleman camping ovens?

English please? ;-)

--
Marc. Please note the above address is a spam trap, use marcc to reply
Printing for clubs of all types http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk
Old May 10th 04, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jayne

Not sure where you got that from but Coleman don't have a minimum order
of 6
parts with dealers. We regularly order just one or two generators etc.

I got it originally from Coleman a number of years ago when I phoned
their customer "service" dept from hell. It was further re inforced
last year when I bumped into one of their reps in my local camping shop
and he apologised for the policy saying that it was one of his biggest
problems in trying to push the brand.

--
Marc. Please note the above address is a spam trap, use marcc to reply
Printing for clubs of all types http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk
Stickers, banners & clothing, for clubs,teams, magazines and dealers.

Oh, did you mean Coleman selling to the public direct? I know that we
regularly order single or just a couple of spares as specials for customers
who need them.

Jayne