FS: Flavel Vanessa Propane Cooker and Bottle

Old May 6th 04, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning
Philip

Default FS: Flavel Vanessa Propane Cooker and Bottle

Secondhand cooker in good condition, for full information
and pictures see : http://www.pgboys.btinternet.co.uk/

Phil
--
Warning: Incoming mail will be automatically pre-filtered for suspected Spam.

Old May 6th 04, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning
Philip

martin wrote:

"Philip" wrote:

Secondhand cooker in good condition, for full information
and pictures see : http://www.pgboys.btinternet.co.uk/

post it to uk.rec.waterways too.

Will do - thanks very much for the good and kind advice!

Phil.

Old May 7th 04, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning
paul omeara

Default freeview

has any one tried the freeview reciever in there van ,did it work ,would
it be worth a try ?
paul

----

Old May 7th 04, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 7 May 2004 15:02:29 +0100, "paul omeara"
wrote:

| has any one tried the freeview reciever in there van ,did it work ,would
| it be worth a try ?
| paul

I have freeview working fine in my van on the drive *at home* The Status
UFO aerial was useless, and I have replaced it a directional aerial, high
mast, and amplifier. It was necessary to get a 12 V STB to go with our 12V
TV. The Hauppage Dec SRT1000 STB is IMO cr*p, the Strong 5000T
http://www.richersounds.com/index.ph...l.php&p=301855
is fine.

Freeview reception does not cover the whole of the country, and we have
several times failed to get a good Freeview signal on campsites, which were
in the countryside, and judging by the local TV aerials, (Large external
aerials pointing at several transmitters) areas with poor reception. We
tend to camp in the middle of nowhere, in steep sided valleys, surounded by
thick woods.

Last time we failed to get a good signal for the Big 5 analogue dispite
trying four transmitters with our new aerial and amplifiers

So IMO it is worth a try, depending on where you site the van, and if you
fail you have a better chance of a good analogue signal with a better
aerial.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sick of Marketing SMS
Register your: real name, mobile number, snail mail address,

Old May 7th 04, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning
Chris 159

"paul omeara" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
has any one tried the freeview reciever in there van ,did it work ,would
it be worth a try ?
paul

get one of the freeview digi sattelite jobbies - you're pretty much
quaranteed to get a signal where-ever you go with one of those. IIRR its
netto thats got them on special at the mo or soon 70 odd and comes with a
sat finder for pointing the dish where it needs to be

Old May 7th 04, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 7 May 2004 18:41:25 +0100, "Chris 159"
wrote:

| "paul omeara" wrote in message
| news:[email protected]..
| has any one tried the freeview reciever in there van ,did it work ,would
| it be worth a try ?
| paul
|

| get one of the freeview digi sattelite jobbies - you're pretty much
| quaranteed to get a signal where-ever you go with one of those. IIRR its
| netto thats got them on special at the mo or soon 70 odd and comes with a
| sat finder for pointing the dish where it needs to be

They do not have the Freeview selection of channels.
To get ITV1 Ch4 and Ch5 you need a $ky box and a $ky card.
A system without Time Team and other Ch4 documentaries is to us useless.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sick of Direct Marketing
telephone calls and silent calls? They use a computer which phones many

Old May 7th 04, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning
Chris 159

wrote:

| "paul omeara" wrote in message
| news:[email protected]
| has any one tried the freeview reciever in there van ,did it work

,would
| it be worth a try ?
| paul
|

| get one of the freeview digi sattelite jobbies - you're pretty much
| quaranteed to get a signal where-ever you go with one of those. IIRR its
| netto thats got them on special at the mo or soon 70 odd and comes with

| sat finder for pointing the dish where it needs to be

They do not have the Freeview selection of channels.

i cant find the leaflet and cant remember the exact wording but it was a
digital freeview with a dish. worded the same as the terrestial freeview
setups

To get ITV1 Ch4 and Ch5 you need a $ky box and a $ky card.

no you dont. you need a 'freeview' box. thats what i always watch bbc's 1,
2, 3 and 4. itv 1 and 2. ch 4 and ch 5 plus the numerous others on.

Old May 7th 04, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 7 May 2004 19:44:37 +0100, "Chris 159"
wrote:

| "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
| On Fri, 7 May 2004 18:41:25 +0100, "Chris 159"
| wrote:

| |
| | "paul omeara" wrote in message
| | news:[email protected]
| | has any one tried the freeview reciever in there van ,did it work
| ,would
| | it be worth a try ?
| | paul
| |
| |
| | get one of the freeview digi sattelite jobbies - you're pretty much
| | quaranteed to get a signal where-ever you go with one of those. IIRR its
| | netto thats got them on special at the mo or soon 70 odd and comes with
| | sat finder for pointing the dish where it needs to be
|
| They do not have the Freeview selection of channels.
|
| i cant find the leaflet and cant remember the exact wording but it was a
| digital freeview with a dish. worded the same as the terrestial freeview
| setups
|
| To get ITV1 Ch4 and Ch5 you need a $ky box and a $ky card.
|
| no you dont. you need a 'freeview' box. thats what i always watch bbc's 1,
| 2, 3 and 4. itv 1 and 2. ch 4 and ch 5 plus the numerous others on.

There is no such beast as a freeview *satellite* box. "Freeview" only
refers to the Digital Terrestrial platform received by an aerial.

Please state which box you are using, which satellite(s) you are tuning to.
Has it got a card inserted? and which type of card?

The definitive statement is on:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/digital/channels.shtml

*ITV1, ITV2, Channel 4 and five normally available only on subscription.
This list of free channels was compiled April 2004; for the latest line-up
call Sky on 08702 42 42 42.

This page has changed recently.

Anybody obtaining a satellite box absolutely *must* obtain a statement from
the vendor as to exactly which channels it will receive.

Dave F

Old May 7th 04, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning
Chris 159

wrote:

| "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
| On Fri, 7 May 2004 18:41:25 +0100, "Chris 159"
| wrote:

| |
| | "paul omeara" wrote in message
| | news:[email protected]
| | has any one tried the freeview reciever in there van ,did it

work
| ,would
| | it be worth a try ?
| | paul
| |
| |
| | get one of the freeview digi sattelite jobbies - you're pretty much
| | quaranteed to get a signal where-ever you go with one of those. IIRR

its
| | netto thats got them on special at the mo or soon 70 odd and comes

with
| | sat finder for pointing the dish where it needs to be
|
| They do not have the Freeview selection of channels.
|
| i cant find the leaflet and cant remember the exact wording but it was a
| digital freeview with a dish. worded the same as the terrestial freeview
| setups
|
| To get ITV1 Ch4 and Ch5 you need a $ky box and a $ky card.
|
| no you dont. you need a 'freeview' box. thats what i always watch bbc's

1,
| 2, 3 and 4. itv 1 and 2. ch 4 and ch 5 plus the numerous others on.

There is no such beast as a freeview *satellite* box. "Freeview" only
refers to the Digital Terrestrial platform received by an aerial.

hey - im only qouting what the leaflet said. 'if' thats wrong then i'm sure
trading standards will be on their case.

Please state which box you are using, which satellite(s) you are tuning

to.
Has it got a card inserted? and which type of card?

you are definately getting your wires crossed here.

i never said that i use a satellite. if you re-read the posts (or look up)
you'll see that i stated i use a 'freeview' box. if you look up further
you'll see that i suggested to the op that he tries one of these other types
of box. i never once in my origional reply to him (or anywhere else for that
matter) said that its a personal reccomendation - i said theyre in xxxxx
shop.
the op asked about using freeview in a van. these 'sattelite' freeview boxes
that i mentioned are advertised as being intended for use in a van. thats
why i suggested it. i wasnt inviting a mass debate about the existance (or
not, which ever the case may be) of the things