good camping sites in Scotland

Old May 13th 04, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Steve Loft

Default good camping sites in Scotland

Bianca F wrote:

I just moved to Scotland and I would like to go on a camping holiday
this year, but I haven't decided where to go.
Any suggestions for a nice camping site near the sea.

We've just been to a very nice one down the South West. The camping area
is in old walled garden, surrounded on three sides by a wall and on
the fourth by a burn. Very secluded.

http://www.glenlucecaravan.co.uk/

Another couple of nice ones we've been to, the first in Oban:

http://www.obancaravanpark.com/

and this one on Skye:

http://www.skyecamp.com/

--
Steve Loft, Wanlockhead, Dumfriesshire. 1417ft ASL
http://www.wanlockhead.org.uk/weather/
Old May 14th 04, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Adrian D. Shaw

Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
Steve Loft :
Bianca F wrote:

I just moved to Scotland and I would like to go on a camping holiday
this year, but I haven't decided where to go.
Any suggestions for a nice camping site near the sea.

http://www.skyecamp.com/

That must be quite new. I don't remember it being there when we last
camped on Skye 2 or 3 years ago. We stayed at a smallish site at
Dunvegan - nice location, facilities rather primitive, and very windy
(snapped a tent pole).

Anyway here's my recommendations:

Mull: Sheilings Holidays. Great position for basing yourself to explore
the whole of Mull. Not cheap but I'm sure their overheads are greater
than most being where they are.

http://www.shielingholidays.co.uk/

Fort William: Linnhe Lochside Holidays

http://www.linnhe-lochside-holidays.co.uk/touring.htm

Harris:

By the beach at Horgabost - west coast (free! Toilets and drinking
water available)

Let us know which you choose and give us a report!

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw [email protected]
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
Old May 14th 04, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Steve Loft

Adrian D. Shaw wrote:

Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
Steve Loft :

http://www.skyecamp.com/

That must be quite new. I don't remember it being there when we last
camped on Skye 2 or 3 years ago.

Dunno. It was September 2002 when we were there. But, yes, it did look
quite new then.