Best French Campsite

Old October 6th 03, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Arwen

Default Best French Campsite

What is the best campsite in France?
Old October 6th 03, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Taylor

Very subjective in what you want
Do you have kids? What age if any? Do you like the hot sun? do you want it
by the sea? Inland? Mountain? River? Do you like full facilities including
entertainment or a reasonably quite site? Into good wines and certain foods?
Unfortunately all these must have a bearing but given a push for me
Bonne Anse at La Palmyre near Royan in Charente Maritime takes a lot of
beating for a beach holiday with kids well teenagers. We first went there in
1987 when son was 2 and was last there 4 years ago.

Mike

Old October 6th 03, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Arwen" wrote in message
om...
What is the best campsite in France?

Clos de Ferrand on Serignan Plage for nice facilities and all over bronzy.
DaveK.

Old October 8th 03, 05:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bowtiejim

"Arwen" wrote in message
om...
What is the best campsite in France?

What a stupid question!

Old October 8th 03, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

"bowtiejim" wrote in message

"Arwen" wrote in message
om...
What is the best campsite in France?

What a stupid question!

Yep. He/she meant "Which is the best campsite in France?"

Old October 9th 03, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
klyne

--
"Arwen" wrote in message
om...
What is the best campsite in France?

Who knows, like beauty it will be in the eye of the beholder! I would
suggest a site, that whilst may not be the best in France, should be used as
an example of what a good campsite should be like. For some location will be
more important but if Chateau de Gandspette could be transferred to the
South of France it would continue to be my favourite campsite.

David - Milton Keynes
www.klyne.btinternet.co.uk
site reports