Best Campsite in Abersoch

Old May 19th 04, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Daniel Clode

Default Best Campsite in Abersoch

Hi,

I am going to Abersoch in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any
campsites that they could recommend?

Any help would be appreciated.(I don't think i have got the tent out for at
least 15 years.....)

Cheers

Dan

Old May 19th 04, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Adrian D. Shaw

Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
Daniel Clode :
Hi,

I am going to Abersoch in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any
campsites that they could recommend?

Any help would be appreciated.(I don't think i have got the tent out for at
least 15 years.....)

There's a nice site just beyond Aberdaron, beautiful location on the
hillside on the right as you come out of the village. Very basic
facilities, but a lovely setting. And a true Welsh atmosphere.

There's a site I won't recommend a mile or two inland from Abersoch.
The "Welsh" welcome was provided by a Liverpudlian (or was it a Mancunian?)
who insisted that we used bricks under our camping stove, told us
_exactly_ where to pitch, etc., though I think the facilities were OK.
Our impression of the place wasn't helped by the fact that the police had
to come out in the middle of the night because of a fight between the people
in the tent next to us...

I have nothing against people from Liverpool or Manchester, but if I go
somewhere I do like to be made to feel I'm in that place!

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw [email protected]
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.