Where can I buy in the UK

Old May 23rd 04, 07:22 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paddy[_2_]

Default Where can I buy in the UK

Where can I buy in the UK an Optimus Hiker 111c Triple Fuel Stove.

I have done a google search without luck. I do like Ebay, I would prefer to
buy from a reputable dealer.

Thanks

Paddy

Old May 23rd 04, 07:46 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
chris French

In message , Paddy
writes
Where can I buy in the UK an Optimus Hiker 111c Triple Fuel Stove.

I have done a google search without luck

must be a different Google from mine :-)

Third link on a search took me to this page, where they list the 111c at
the bottom.

http://www.base-camp.co.uk/Optimus.html
--
Chris French

Old May 23rd 04, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paul Robson

Paddy wrote:

Where can I buy in the UK an Optimus Hiker 111c Triple Fuel Stove.

I have done a google search without luck. I do like Ebay, I would prefer
to buy from a reputable dealer.

Where do you live ; I can recommend a place in Norwich, not much good if
you live in Inverness

Old May 23rd 04, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paul Robson

martin wrote:

On Sun, 23 May 2004 11:20:04 +0100, Paul Robson
wrote:

Paddy wrote:

Where can I buy in the UK an Optimus Hiker 111c Triple Fuel Stove.

I have done a google search without luck. I do like Ebay, I would prefer
to buy from a reputable dealer.

Where do you live ; I can recommend a place in Norwich, not much good if
you live in Inverness

How about recommending the place in Norwich for those of us who live
in the Netherlands? :-)

It's more accessible to you than Inverness..... mind you, you've got better
camping shops over there anyway.

Old May 23rd 04, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
chris French

In message , Paul Robson
writes

wrote:

Paddy wrote:

Where can I buy in the UK an Optimus Hiker 111c Triple Fuel Stove.

I have done a google search without luck. I do like Ebay, I would prefer
to buy from a reputable dealer.

Where do you live ; I can recommend a place in Norwich, not much good if
you live in Inverness

How about recommending the place in Norwich for those of us who live
in the Netherlands? :-)

It's more accessible to you than Inverness..... mind you, you've got better
camping shops over there anyway.

But maybe a shop in Norwich would be able to help anyway? I've contacted
a distant shop before now when looking for something ahrd to find and
they've sent me it, even though they didn't normally do mail order.
--
Chris French

Old May 24th 04, 05:16 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paddy[_2_]

"Paul Robson" wrote in
message ...
Paddy wrote:

Where can I buy in the UK an Optimus Hiker 111c Triple Fuel Stove.

I have done a google search without luck. I do like Ebay, I would prefer
to buy from a reputable dealer.

Where do you live ; I can recommend a place in Norwich, not much good if
you live in Inverness

Hereford and its a most useless place for camping gear.

But I have had fantastic response and I will get from
http://www.base-camp.co.uk/Optimus.html

Thankx's

Paddy

Old May 24th 04, 05:21 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paddy[_2_]

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Paddy
writes
Where can I buy in the UK an Optimus Hiker 111c Triple Fuel Stove.

I have done a google search without luck

must be a different Google from mine :-)

Third link on a search took me to this page, where they list the 111c at
the bottom.

http://www.base-camp.co.uk/Optimus.html
--
Chris French

Thank you all for your response,

I am going with Chris French and have place an order with base-camp.
Thankx's for all your response.

Paddy

Old May 24th 04, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Norman[_2_]

On Mon, 24 May 2004 09:39:46 +0200, martin wrote:

On Mon, 24 May 2004 05:16:35 +0000 (UTC), "Paddy"
wrote:

"Paul Robson" wrote in
message ...
Paddy wrote:

Where can I buy in the UK an Optimus Hiker 111c Triple Fuel Stove.

I have done a google search without luck. I do like Ebay, I would prefer
to buy from a reputable dealer.

Where do you live ; I can recommend a place in Norwich, not much good if
you live in Inverness

Hereford and its a most useless place for camping gear.

But I have had fantastic response and I will get from
http://www.base-camp.co.uk/Optimus.html

Be prepared for a long wait!
--
Martin

Hi,
Try phoning this shop as they used to have a chap who was very
knowledgable about pressure stoves. Also a large supppy of spare parts
+ new stoves (Optimus)
City Hardware
6-10, Goswell Rd
London
EC1M 7AA
Tel: 020 7251 3081

Base-camp.co.uk are also very good but due to small business tend to
be a bit slow in service...need frequent telephone calls to prioritise
your order.

Norman

Old May 26th 04, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paddy[_2_]

"martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 May 2004 05:16:35 +0000 (UTC), "Paddy"
wrote:

"Paul Robson" wrote in
message ...
Paddy wrote:

Where can I buy in the UK an Optimus Hiker 111c Triple Fuel Stove.

I have done a google search without luck. I do like Ebay, I would

prefer
to buy from a reputable dealer.

Where do you live ; I can recommend a place in Norwich, not much good

if
you live in Inverness

Hereford and its a most useless place for camping gear.

But I have had fantastic response and I will get from
http://www.base-camp.co.uk/Optimus.html

Be prepared for a long wait!
--
Martin

Why Martin bad firm or over popular,

Paddy

Old May 26th 04, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paddy[_2_]

"Norman" . wrote in message
On Mon, 24 May 2004 09:39:46 +0200, martin wrote:

On Mon, 24 May 2004 05:16:35 +0000 (UTC), "Paddy"
wrote:

"Paul Robson" wrote in
message ...
Paddy wrote:

[...]

Thanks Norman thats very useful, I checked the web site and that appears to
have been high jacked.

I will phone and have a chat with them, on converting another stove to
meths.

Paddy