using a kettle on a campsite

Old May 24th 04, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
paul

Default using a kettle on a campsite

Will a normal household kettle be ok to use on any uk site using a
electrical hookup point?

Old May 25th 04, 01:06 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
marc[_2_]

In article ,
says...
Will a normal household kettle be ok to use on any uk site using a
electrical hookup point?

Yes!
Old May 25th 04, 06:20 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Alan[_3_]

It depends on the wattage of the kettle, the one we have at home is 3000W,
this would take a full load current of 12.5 Amps, as a lot of camp sites
limit the supply to 10 Amps, I wouldn't like to chance it.

Old May 25th 04, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Adrian D. Shaw

Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
Alan :
It depends on the wattage of the kettle, the one we have at home is 3000W,
this would take a full load current of 12.5 Amps, as a lot of camp sites
limit the supply to 10 Amps, I wouldn't like to chance it.

Travel kettles are usually much less than this, and they're cheap enough
to buy.

The normal kettle with element (as most used to be until a couple of years
ago) is around 2.2 KW, in other words just under 10 amps. It's those stupid
new ones with the flat bottom - and surely lower efficiency (the element
isn't in the water so how can it be so efficient?) that take you over
the 10 amps.

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw [email protected]
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
Old June 2nd 04, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
sPoNiX

On Mon, 24 May 2004 21:29:16 +0100, "paul"
wrote:

Will a normal household kettle be ok to use on any uk site using a
electrical hookup point?

Probably not. Most sites have a 10amp limit.

Make sure it is under 2400W (Preferably nearer 2000W)

If you exceed this you are likely to trip out the site supply!

sPoNiX