any recommendations......

Old May 25th 04, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
bigjim

Default any recommendations......

Hi all,
I am new to this group and fairly new to camping - at least in my adult
life! We have recently purchased a 9 man dome tent and are thinking of
getting away this weekend (29-31May) Can anyone recommend a good site in the
herts/beds/bucks area for a family of 5?
We went to billing aquadrome last year in our previous tent which the kids
enjoyed but we're looking to try somewhere else this year. Has anyone been
to Highclere farm?

On a seperate issue, I have seen one or two sites on the web restrict the
size of tent they will allow to say a 6 man tent. Is this common? Am I going
to have trouble getting on to sites with a 9 man tent?

Cheers

James

Old May 25th 04, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Phil Cook[_3_]

On Tue, 25 May 2004 17:02:16 +0100, bigjim wrote:

On a seperate issue, I have seen one or two sites on the web restrict the
size of tent they will allow to say a 6 man tent. Is this common? Am I going
to have trouble getting on to sites with a 9 man tent?

How many are you going to sleep in it? 9 man dome is just a way of
saying spacious 6 man. IMO.
Old May 25th 04, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
kqr

In article , [email protected] wrote

Hi all,
I am new to this group and fairly new to camping - at least in my adult
life! We have recently purchased a 9 man dome tent and are thinking of
getting away this weekend (29-31May) Can anyone recommend a good site in the
herts/beds/bucks area for a family of 5?
We went to billing aquadrome last year in our previous tent which the kids
enjoyed but we're looking to try somewhere else this year. Has anyone been
to Highclere farm?

Do you have Autoroute? And are you a CCC member? Go here for
a list [downloadable AR files] and other info:

http://www.jollyinteresting.co.uk/pushpins/

You might also do a google search using:

Camp sites Bukinghamshire [or some such]

On a seperate issue, I have seen one or two sites on the web restrict the
size of tent they will allow to say a 6 man tent. Is this common? Am I going
to have trouble getting on to sites with a 9 man tent?
Cheers
James

No - not really. There are a few who do restrict but IMO
you'd probably be best to stay away from those places anyway.

Old May 26th 04, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tina

James, we went to Highclere Farm 2 years ago. Very nicely kept,
peaceful, but with space for the kids to play. Toilet facilities were
clean and tidy.
Tina

Old May 27th 04, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Ian

We went to billing aquadrome last year in our previous tent which the kids
enjoyed but we're looking to try somewhere else this year. Has anyone been
to Highclere farm?

couple of visitor reviews here
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/re...asp?revid=1348