Best campsite in Abersoch

Old May 26th 04, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Daniel Clode

Default Best campsite in Abersoch

Hi,

There seem to be lots of campsites in abersoch but I have no idea which is
best.

Is it better to be near the beach or near the town?

Any recommendations are gratefully received.

Ta

Dan

Old May 26th 04, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
M C

Quite a few around Abersoch, the largest sites being on the Pwllheli side
being quite a walk from the centre of Abersoch. One of the larger sites is
here where the Wakestock wakeboarding and dance music festival is held in
summer. There a a couple of smaller sites the far side of Abersoch which
are a short walk (can be along the beach which is nice!) from the centre.
They can get full quickly during peak weekends and they don't like groups of
youths particularly. If you've not been to Abersoch before, then pick a
weekend when the weather is guaranteed to be good. The beach in Abersoch is
just behind the main street only a couple of hundred yards and is lovely on
a nice day. There are more beaches further along the peninsula like 'Hells
Mouth' which is a surfers beach, very steep, lots of pebbles and stuff gets
washed up frequently, not a typical sunbathers area. I like Abersoch and
I've been there many times. Its great for a few beers at the pub in the
centre, watching the world go by, slowly.

Hope this helps.

Marc

Old May 28th 04, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Daniel Clode

Hi Mark,

I don't suppose you know the names of any of these as there seem to be lots
of them.

Cheers

Dan

Old June 2nd 04, 01:12 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
M C

Sorry, can't remember the names but the larger site I talked about where the
festival was held was somewhere between Penrhos and Llanbedrog on the
approaching A499. Turn right off the main road into a lane for about 150yds
or so, then turn left up a hill into the site. Hope this helps.