Campsite In Cumbria

« - | - »

Old May 27th 04, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Richard Jones

Default Campsite In Cumbria

Hi, Im looking for a campsite in cumbria idealy near a tourist town ie
within walking distance,
I am fairly new to camping and would appreciate your experience and advise.

Many Thanks
Richard

Old May 27th 04, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris 159

this one probably fits the bill - http://www.lakesideholidaypark.co.uk/

Old May 27th 04, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Richard Jones

"Chris 159" wrote in message

"Richard Jones" wrote in message
Hi, Im looking for a campsite in cumbria idealy near a tourist town ie
within walking distance,
I am fairly new to camping and would appreciate your experience and

advise.

Many Thanks
Richard

this one probably fits the bill - http://www.lakesideholidaypark.co.uk/

I forgot to mention that i will be in a tent not a caravan. Is this a
problem at this site?

Any more suggestions appreciated

Old May 27th 04, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris 159

"Chris 159" wrote in message

"Richard Jones" wrote in message
Hi, Im looking for a campsite in cumbria idealy near a tourist town ie
within walking distance,
I am fairly new to camping and would appreciate your experience and

advise.

Many Thanks
Richard

this one probably fits the bill - http://www.lakesideholidaypark.co.uk/

I forgot to mention that i will be in a tent not a caravan. Is this a
problem at this site?

Any more suggestions appreciated

it wasnt a problem when i camped (in a tent) there about 3 years ago. doesnt
it mention tents on their site ?

Old May 27th 04, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Richard Jones

"Chris 159" wrote in message

"Richard Jones" wrote in message

"Chris 159" wrote in message

"Richard Jones" wrote in

message
Hi, Im looking for a campsite in cumbria idealy near a tourist town

ie
within walking distance,
I am fairly new to camping and would appreciate your experience and
advise.

Many Thanks
Richard

this one probably fits the bill -

http://www.lakesideholidaypark.co.uk/

I forgot to mention that i will be in a tent not a caravan. Is this a
problem at this site?

Any more suggestions appreciated

it wasnt a problem when i camped (in a tent) there about 3 years ago.

doesnt
it mention tents on their site ?

No it doesnt but i will call them,
Many Thanks dont suppose you remember how much it cost you and if it will be
a problem because i am wanting to go with a friend and so will be an all
male group, this has been a problem at other camp sites.

Old May 27th 04, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris 159

"Chris 159" wrote in message

"Richard Jones" wrote in message

"Chris 159" wrote in message

"Richard Jones" wrote in

message
[...]

if i remember rightly it was 8 per tent then something like 2 per person.

dont know about all male groups but i think somebody once said that this
site - http://www.fishergroundcampsite.co.uk/ allow all male groups.
problem is its not really close to what could be described as a "tourist
town" - this area is quiet and peaceful

Old May 29th 04, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Richard Jones

"Fran" wrote in message
t...
said...

"Fran" wrote in message
t...
said...
i am wanting to go with a friend and so will be an all
male group, this has been a problem at other camp sites.

If there are just the two of you you could always book in
separately as two individuals, who 'happen' to camp next to each
other? Muse Does a pair of people (I hesitate to use the word
'couple') count as a 'group'?

It looks like there is three of us now. so thats an all male group for

you,
I can see their point about not allowing groups on but i can 100%

guarantee
we will be less bother and alot quieter than many families!

I can see their point - and then again I can't. I fail to see
why a single-sex group is more likely to make a nuisance of
themselves than a mixed one. IMO it would be more sensible to
allocate a 'quiet' area or a 'party' area, and make it quite
clear that a noise curfew was in place after a certain time.
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.

I agree, last time i went camping to a Family orientated campsite at Poorley
bridge near penrith they turned us away and we ended up in a field with
about 5 other tents IT WAS GREAT! NO TOILETS NO SHOWERS, just what a 18 year
old wants basic at a good price!

So it shows that even fussy rules like that cannot spoil the hobby of
camping

Richard

« - | - »