Simed stove - butane? propane? burners?

Old May 31st 04, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Merlin[_2_]

Default Simed stove - butane? propane? burners?

I have just bought - as part of a job lot - a Simed mod 603C "camping"
stove. Three burners in a white base. Using it on butane (Camping
Gas) all the burners (but especially the largest of the three) burn
yellow at high settings and leave a sooty deposit on the pans.
I suspect it may be set up for propane (or some other gas mixture
maybe) and needs some adjustment for butane use - but there may be
other explanations.
Does anyone have any information about the stove or the company,
please? Google didn't help me this time.
And / or: does anyone know where to find information about jet and air
hole sizes for the different sorts of gasses?
Thanks
Merlin