Thinking of buying a tent

Old June 1st 04, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mark Allison

Default Thinking of buying a tent

Hi,

I'm new to this group, and want to buy a tent for a family of six. I
like the idea of three sleeping areas, and was thinking of buying this tent:
http://www.interhike.com/cgi-bin/sho...bm_asilop4.jpg

tiny:
http://tinyurl.com/ythco

What else should I consider? Are there any other websites I should look
at? What's your favourite site for buying camping gear?

Thanks.

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.markallison.co.uk

Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Old June 1st 04, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Barleycorn

I bought a trailer tent off Ebay for the same sort of money as this. May be
worth having a look.

Barleycorn.

Old June 1st 04, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
kqr

In article ,
wrote
Hi,
I'm new to this group, and want to buy a tent for a family of six. I
like the idea of three sleeping areas, and was thinking of buying this tent:
http://www.interhike.com/cgi-bin/sho...bm_asilop4.jpg
tiny:
http://tinyurl.com/ythco

What else should I consider? Are there any other websites I should look
at? What's your favourite site for buying camping gear?
Thanks.

Saw a guy and his son last week out on the moors trying to
errect one of these [looked the same] clearly his garden
was not big enough.

Having a free standing tent this size comes with problems
that you do not twig onto until its too late. I had a family
of six and decide on a trailer tent [as someone else has
suggested] You might consider that option.

Old June 2nd 04, 06:43 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
T.

www.campingandkitecentre.co.uk

Old June 2nd 04, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
peter

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, kqr wrote:

Having a free standing tent this size comes with problems
that you do not twig onto until its too late.

What problems would they be then?

Old June 2nd 04, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
sPoNiX

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 21:06:55 +0100, Mark Allison
wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to this group, and want to buy a tent for a family of six. I
like the idea of three sleeping areas, and was thinking of buying this tent:
http://www.interhike.com/cgi-bin/sho...bm_asilop4.jpg

tiny:
http://tinyurl.com/ythco

What else should I consider? Are there any other websites I should look
at? What's your favourite site for buying camping gear?

Thanks.

Argos do a similar sized/shaped tent but cheaper. Maybe worth buying
one and upgrading in a few years if useage warrants it?

sPoNiX
Old June 3rd 04, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
FF

wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to this group, and want to buy a tent for a family of six. I
like the idea of three sleeping areas, and was thinking of buying this tent:
http://www.interhike.com/cgi-bin/sho...bm_asilop4.jpg

tiny:
http://tinyurl.com/ythco

What else should I consider? Are there any other websites I should look
at? What's your favourite site for buying camping gear?

Thanks.

Argos do a similar sized/shaped tent but cheaper. Maybe worth buying
one and upgrading in a few years if useage warrants it?

sPoNiX

And someone was in the park near us on Monday trying to pitch one they'd bought from
Lidl. Might have been the equivalent model to your Asilo or the next one down. I
didn't think to ask how much it cost.

As we discussed in a recent thread, you need to put all the poles in, then send
someone in under to push the tent up while you try to get the poles in the tabs on
the tent. On some models there's a sort of headscarf that goes on the ventilation at
the top of the tent. If you suddenly find that after the tent's gone up you won't be
able to reach and the rain'll get in.

It took the folks in the park just under an hour to pitch and by the time I went over
to find out what it was they were talking through gritted teethg It'll go a lot
quicker than that with practise. Honest!

Liz
Old June 4th 04, 07:33 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Anna

wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to this group, and want to buy a tent for a family of six. I
like the idea of three sleeping areas, and was thinking of buying this

tent:

http://www.interhike.com/cgi-bin/sho...=bm_asilop4.jp

tiny:
http://tinyurl.com/ythco

What else should I consider? Are there any other websites I should look
at? What's your favourite site for buying camping gear?

Thanks.

Just saw a six birth tent in Aldi, for 70. It was only put in the stores
yesterday, so might be worth a look?

anna

Old June 4th 04, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Anna

"martin" wrote in message

http://www.interhike.com/cgi-bin/sho...e=bm_asilop4.j

tiny:
http://tinyurl.com/ythco

What else should I consider? Are there any other websites I should

look
at? What's your favourite site for buying camping gear?

Thanks.

Just saw a six birth tent in Aldi, for 70. It was only put in the

stores
yesterday, so might be worth a look?

http://www.aldi.co.uk/specials_01_11/offers_nav.htm

It seems to be next week's special in the Netherlands, for the same
price www.aldi.nl

anna

Are you a midwife Anna? :-)
--
Martin

shame faced grin er, you know what I mean ;-)!

anna