Very OT - Video wanted

Old June 3rd 04, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran

Default Very OT - Video wanted

Sorry 'bout this, folks, but I've already exhausted Google, eBay
and other potential sources...
I'm looking for videos of the BBC1 series 'Colditz'. It was first
shown in the 1970s, which I realise is pre-video; however it was
repeated about 6(?) years ago on UK Gold, so someone out there
must surely have video'd it? If I'd had a VCR at the time I'd
have done it myself, if I'd had cable TV...

The Welsh word for family (teulu) at care 4 free (no spaces) .net
will find me.
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.
Old June 3rd 04, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Roebear

"Fran" wrote in message
t...
Sorry 'bout this, folks, but I've already exhausted Google, eBay
and other potential sources...
I'm looking for videos of the BBC1 series 'Colditz'. It was first
shown in the 1970s, which I realise is pre-video; however it was
repeated about 6(?) years ago on UK Gold, so someone out there
must surely have video'd it? If I'd had a VCR at the time I'd
have done it myself, if I'd had cable TV...

The Welsh word for family (teulu) at care 4 free (no spaces) .net
will find me.
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.

Just had a quick look on www.sharetv.net to see if anyone has TV rips that
can be downloaded, and also looked on eMule, but no one seems to have it....

Found a site listing all the episodes in each series though...
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...-5309/Colditz/

Sorry i can't be of more help....

Old June 4th 04, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran

said...
Just had a quick look on
www.sharetv.net to see if anyone has TV rips that
can be downloaded, and also looked on eMule, but no one seems to have it....

Thanks. It must be the one thing that can't be found on the
Internet.
Old June 6th 04, 04:57 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jim[_2_]

"Fran" wrote in message
t...
Sorry 'bout this, folks, but I've already exhausted Google, eBay
and other potential sources...
I'm looking for videos of the BBC1 series 'Colditz'. It was first
shown in the 1970s, which I realise is pre-video; however it was
repeated about 6(?) years ago on UK Gold, so someone out there
must surely have video'd it? If I'd had a VCR at the time I'd
have done it myself, if I'd had cable TV...

The Welsh word for family (teulu) at care 4 free (no spaces) .net
will find me.
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.

You could try here http://www.pasttimes.com they have lots of videos of old
TV progs. They don't show Colditz as being available, but they might be able
to help.

Old June 6th 04, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran

said...

"Fran" wrote in message
t...
Sorry 'bout this, folks, but I've already exhausted Google, eBay
and other potential sources...
I'm looking for videos of the BBC1 series 'Colditz'.

You could try here
http://www.pasttimes.com they have lots of videos of old
TV progs. They don't show Colditz as being available, but they might be able
to help.

Coo, thanks! I hadn't thought of them, because I didn't know
they did videos.
Old June 25th 04, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
DaveB[_2_]

i havent seen this for yonks but i was in the local library today and they
had a dvd........could have been called colditz....or the colditz story...

if you are interested i'll pop back......

Dave

"Fran" wrote in message
t...
said...

t...

Old June 27th 04, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Philip Powell

In message , Fran
writes
said...
You are correct in thinking that the 70's TV series wasn't released on
video. Sorry to be a killjoy, but it never was.

True, but it was repeated by UKGold in the late 90s. Someone may
have recorded it at home then, and be able to make a second copy
that I could then get from them. That's why I've been asking in
the NGs - there are more people here with diverse interests and
someone somewhere might have been able to help.

Try:

http://www.trumedia.co.uk/a11_new_visitors_page.htm

They may be able to help or offer advice.
--
Philip Powell
Looking north across the Derwent Valley and Northumberland