Guy rope replacement

Old June 4th 04, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Matthew Augier \(dps\)

Default Guy rope replacement

I've just upgraded my tent to something a little bigger for the whole family
to start adventuring out into (Originally a Sunncamp Tourist 12xp but sent
back due to numerous problems, and replaced with a Gelert Lokon 6, all from
www.worldofcamping.co.uk who where brilliant IMO!) however the guy rope
colours on the lokon is pretty crap. The Yellows ones on the Sunncamp where
REALLY visible, these ones are a kind of Murky Orange and I just tripped
over one in the garden! Does anyone know where I can obtain a whole load of
bright rope I can replace the guy ropes with? The Yellow stuff used on the
Sunncamp ones would be perfect. I guess it's easier to just buy 100' odd of
rope (about the same diameter as current) and make my own? or can I buy some
anywhere?

Thanks

Old June 4th 04, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Matthew Augier \(dps\)

Ok, got a couple of things
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW
and
http://www.outdoorexplorer.co.uk/top...17370&pn=19084
think that would be any good? As I'd need a few ebay ones (and not long
enough for some of my rope which goes down to floor then back to tent.

Mat

Old June 5th 04, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Matthew Augier \(dps\)

Anyone?
news:[email protected]

Old June 7th 04, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Justin C

In article [email protected], Matthew Augier (dps) wrote:
I've just upgraded my tent to something a little bigger for the whole family
to start adventuring out into (Originally a Sunncamp Tourist 12xp but sent
back due to numerous problems, and replaced with a Gelert Lokon 6, all from
www.worldofcamping.co.uk who where brilliant IMO!) however the guy rope
colours on the lokon is pretty crap. The Yellows ones on the Sunncamp where
REALLY visible, these ones are a kind of Murky Orange and I just tripped
over one in the garden! Does anyone know where I can obtain a whole load of
bright rope I can replace the guy ropes with? The Yellow stuff used on the
Sunncamp ones would be perfect. I guess it's easier to just buy 100' odd of
rope (about the same diameter as current) and make my own? or can I buy some
anywhere?

Find yourself a chandler.

Justin.

--